Really Want My VBAC

msp_teen

Two Prince's & Pregnant
Reaction score
Feeling like crap a little bit! My doctor isnt on call some days and if he isn't there when I go into labor they might try and make me have a c-section. The other on call doctors don't support VBACS, so I don't know what would happen if I refused a c-section. It makes me get a little down on myself every time my doctor says something about it. I just want to see what my body is capable of as with my first I wasn't even given the chance to try and birth naturally! I don't usually get upset about things, but this one just bums me out! Have any of you ladies experienced anything like this before, and if I refuse a c-section from the doctor what would happen? I just don't feel the need to have one if I can labor naturally, I feel like its not fair to me!

I know how you're feeling. I didn't labour at all with Joshua, was a c section at 34 weeks as he stopped growing. I was so looking forward to my vbac. Been told today I've got preeclampsia and booked for a c section Wednesday. Unless you've had to have a section when you didn't want one, I don't think people can understand how distressing it is to be told you can't. They've told me I'll never be able to try for a vaginal delivery now. My oh doesn't understand what the issue is, but it does just destroy you. I don't know what would happen if you refused a c section. Can they refuse to treat you at all if your dr isn't there? I really hope it all goes smoothly for you and you have a successful vbac xx

Thanks dear and I'm sorry about your VBAC! I know I have the right to refuse a c-section, but I don't know if I'd have to go to another hospital or something if I did. But hopefully I'll go into labor when my doctor is on call, which is very possible! But I know I will refuse a c-section if they try and make me have one. I'm entitled to rights and I don't feel doctors have the right to do c-sections unless deemed necessary!

That's complete BS! C sections shuold only be required if medically necessary. Isn't thatwhy docs go to medical school and charge ungodly amounts is so they can do their job? I'd findout the details if I were you and switch hospitals if you have to. Good luck!

It is mad the way we have to fight some times to what is NATURAL or at least be given the chance!!! remember it is your body and your baby and your right!!

you can at least let them let you wait as long as you can so you can go in to labour your self naturally if you have time try and find a support team who will work with you and not push what they want on you here is some information that may help

https://www.ahaparenting.com/ages-stages/pregnancy/how-to-avoid-a-caesarian-c-section-birth

Fight it. I think the scare mongering over a vbac is ridiculous! Yes there is an increased risk of rupture but its small.... 0.5%. And even if you do have a rupture most are not fatal and you just need emcs to get baby out. There are risks with all labour and birth!

I just had my vbac..4cm to baby born was 3 hours! My body knew what to do. Good luck. I hope all goes well for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->