Reassurance

RachiePachie

Reaction score
Hey everyone

I know some of you have already read my post as to my problems that I've been going through this past 24 hours....

https://www.babyandbump.com/showthread.php?t=14496

I was so angry at the doctor and nurse saying things were looking good and then bad and then they just didn't know I contacted a website called The Doctors Lounge. It's a website with a forum that allows you to post a question in the relevant area and a qualified doctor will answer. Of course they can't examine you but I've found this site most helpful. I explained my situation and this is what the doctor had to say:

Hello,
I can understand your Anxiety and you're right, stressing about it will not help and the stress hormones may not be good for you.

What you need to know is that pregnancy hormones do vary with the individual. The tests sometimes show false negative results. Sometimes it's just a waiting game. We like to think that technology has reached a point that we can know everything there is to know about the human body, but in actuality there are still some things that are mysterious. Early pregnancy is one of those times. Miscarriage is another of those times. We don't know much about it, what causes it, and we can do little to intervene. In the past (before home pregnancy testing and ultrasonography) we just had to wait for a second missed period or unmistakable symptoms to discover pregnancy. Doctors would rarely see you until you had missed that second period. So, we have come a long way, but needing to wait for more sure results is something women have been doing for centuries. Try to be patient, knowing this could be a viable pregnancy in spite of the concerns.

You certainly have not had significant bleeding/cramping to point to clear miscarriage and I'm sure this is why the mixed signals. Again it's just not perfect knowledge. I think you can remain hopefully optimistic in the meantime. And if by chance you do miscarry, you will likely have more bleeding and will be sure of it. If there was a sac but the baby didn't develop, that will become apparent in time but in early pregnancy the size is so very small it is just hard to visualize.

Good luck

https://www.doctorslounge.com/gynecology/forums/index.php

I hope this helps some of you too. I can't believe how much more content I feel now!

That was good information that the doctor gave you. I'll keep you in my prayers, I hope all is well and that you're baby is healthy. Try not to stress (easier said than done), but it's for the best. Good luck to you.:hugs:

Thinking of you and hoping that everything sorts itself out. Stay positive and try not to stress :hugs:

Glad to hear your feeling more content, waiting games are horrible.

Thinking of you and hope all is well.

Take care xxxx

Did this site charge you? As I have looked at similar ones before and it has tried charging me....

Glad you feel better!

Thanks for that I will definitely keep that site in mind. How are things today?

Thanks for that I will definitely keep that site in mind. How are things today?

Trying to stay confident that everything is alright and everything I'm experiencing is normal.

I'm off to the Early Pregnancy Unit again tomorrow so hopefully they can shed some light a bit more.

Thank you for your concern!

I do hope everything is fine. I can't imagine what you must be going through, thinking of you

I am pleased this has eased the anxiety a bit for you! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->