recipe ideas for parnsips?

princess_bump

Happy Wife & Mumma!
Reaction score
just wondered what you mix with/how you give your LO parsnips?

They seem to be maddi's favourite food (just like her mummy :happydance:) and i was thinking she may be getting fed up with parsnip and carrot :rofl:

btw she's allergic to potato (though not sweet potato) :dohh:

Parsnip, Apple & Carrot Mash

4 parsnips
4 carrots
2 apples
pinch of cinnamon

1. Peel and dice carrots, parsnips and apples
2. Steam until tender
3. Add cinnamon
4. Puree as needed, adding water to thin if required. You may also chop or dice for a finger food salad

I tried that and Caitlyn hated it :rofl: Sounded like a good idea though!

sounds good toria, she might like this as she loves apples too!

ooo toria that sounds well scrummy, i'd eat that myself!!

I still don't know what a parsnip looks like :blush:

We used to cut them into strips and roast them in the oven for 20 - 25 mins (depending on thickness) with a little olive oil. Grace loved them. Also a great alternative to chips if she can't have potatoes.

mine likes it simply steamed and pureed then mixed with some baby yogurt and served cold. It actually tastes like a yummy new yogurt flavour rather than a vegetable.

I still don't know what a parsnip looks like :blush:

this is parsnips vickie https://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&q=parsnips&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi they are like a slightly purfumed root vegetable, we have them here with roast dinners, normally roasted like cherylaenne said. they are quite tricky to do imo as you have to peel them, and then if you cut them into four you have to remove there core, but they are soooooo tasty! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->