recommend a good moisturiser?

mommatoabeaut

Momma of 3
Reaction score
my skin this pregnancy has been awful!

and the skin on my face is so dry, i rub my forehead and it flakes like dandruff :(

Can anyone recommend a good moisturiser for face or one for whole body?

I use Simple moisturisers on my face as I'm not a fan of perfumed ones. They do a range with everything from light to rich moisturisers for day and night and they're not expensive so hopefully one of them will suit you. You can get them in Boots/Superdrug/any supermarket.

I also use Sanctury Mum-to-be moisturisers on my bump, my sister got me a selection for my birthday so I'm using their Collagen Boosting Body Butter and Bounce Back Firming Cream (I alternate depending on what I fancy that day!) These also have a really mild scent but are a bit more pricey, you can get them in Boots.

My final moisturiser I use on my hands/legs when they get flakey, it's from the Body Shop and is their Aloe Body Butter. Again, it's unperfumed and is pretty rich so I find it great on dry patches. That one I keep on my desk at work, the others are at home.

Hopefully one of these will work for you :)

I have really sensitive skin, can't even use simple products!! Skin on my face/forehead is the same, horrid dry and flaky. It's not cheap, but I swear by Elizabeth Arden visible difference moisturiser. One pot lasts ages and its great on my skin. On my hands I use aveeno hand cream with oatmeal. On my bump/everywhere else, I use palmers cocoa butter x

I've had same problem except it's just on my nose and cheeks. I also have sensitive skin and don't like using anything too chemical-y on it. If you like natural products I would have a look online at the Lush website if you don't have a local shop. They have a brilliant selection of moisturisers for all different skin types. I use Imperialis from them and have had no problems. It's a little pricier than some main brands but a small pot lasts ages. I can't recommend their products enough :)

I had the same problem... I normally suffer with oily skin but since being pregnant the skin on my t-zone (particularly my chin) just keeps peeling as its so dry. I have tried several moisturisers and have only just managed to find a super dooper one by L'Oreal called Moisture Match and its the one for normal/dry skin... Only one I have found to actually work so far! I normally use Simple but found it was not moisturising enough for my skin the way it is at the mo. The L'Oreal one also smells fab and doesnt clogg your pores. Xxx

I don't think you need to go expensive when it comes to moisturisers! My dad works for a pharmaceutical/cosmetic company and most of the time they are 99% the same ingredients! I swear by astral for body moisturising- it's quite thick but does the job very well! And Ponds cream is great for your face, as is the Ponds Cold cream as a cleanser! :) x

Hellooooo. I deal with skin care as a career.
If you get one that's too heavy, you could end up getting Milia - which is just little white pimples where the moisturiser has blocked your pours.

You can use any moisturiser maybe once a day. But if your skin is really dry and flakey, gently exfoliate two - three times a week, it'll get rid of the flakey skin (obviously) and will help activate your sebaceous glands to produce more sebum (oil) - which will effectively help prevent your skin being so dry :)

Another vote from me for any of the 'Simple' brand moisturisers. I try not to use too many kinds of things on my face, and I love this moisturiser! It sinks in really fast and doesn't have a fragrance. They are also really cheap, normally about £3-£4. I've used it for years and it always makes my face feel really nice!

The best face cream i have used is simple moisturiser like mum2bkw. it dosnt make your face greasy and dosnt bring you out in spots. its gentle and the only cream i can get on with as others are far too oily or thick. i dont use it daily though i only put it on when my skin feels dry or tight and it always helps.

I use palmers cocoa butter for my body :)

I have this problem and I just use the plain nivea cream, it's in a dark blue tub. It's fantastic x

I really love Burt's Bees. Pretty much everything they make.

I had the same problem last time. This time my mum bought me the yellow Clinique moisturiser (miracle moisture maybe?) and I've had no problems with dry skin this time.

I used Simple when I wasn't pregnant but it didn't keep up with it. I also found the Nivea and Astral creams to thick and heavy on my skin to then wear make up on top. The clinique one absorbs really quickly. I may have to stretch to buying it from now on :haha:

Vie Mummy & me, its RRP is 12.99 but in Home Bargains I picked 2 up for 99p!! :) It's brilliant! x

If you're wearing make up you could try a primer underneath it. Moisturises your skin and gives your make up something to stick to :flower:

Hellooooo. I deal with skin care as a career.
If you get one that's too heavy, you could end up getting Milia - which is just little white pimples where the moisturiser has blocked your pours.

You can use any moisturiser maybe once a day. But if your skin is really dry and flakey, gently exfoliate two - three times a week, it'll get rid of the flakey skin (obviously) and will help activate your sebaceous glands to produce more sebum (oil) - which will effectively help prevent your skin being so dry :)

I usually exfoliate once a week with my exfoliating gloves. So ill try doing it another 2 times a week. I gave brought a garnier 7day moisture cream that has worked wonders for my hands
first application and my hands are smooth again! So ill be trying that all over after my bath :)

I have really dry, sensitive skin naturally, pregnant or not. I've spent so much money on skin are over the years, from the big names to cheap as chips, and nothing seemed to do the trick, till I discovered a brand called Organic Surge about 3 years ago. A the time it was available in Boots, but it isn't any longer, so I buy it online from their website. It isn't expensive, but it leaves my skin lovely. I only use their range on my face now, and I swear by it! Here's the website if you are interested:

https://www.organicsurge.com/

I'm a big fan of LUSH and use 'Angels on Bare Skin' every day. It keeps my dry patches at bay and controls my spotty chin.

As for beauty products I use pretty much everything Estée Lauder.

I've used soooo many creams but love the one I'm using now - philosophy 'hope in a jar'
It melts in and feels wonderful

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->