recommend a good moisturiser?

Hellooooo. I deal with skin care as a career.
If you get one that's too heavy, you could end up getting Milia - which is just little white pimples where the moisturiser has blocked your pours.

You can use any moisturiser maybe once a day. But if your skin is really dry and flakey, gently exfoliate two - three times a week, it'll get rid of the flakey skin (obviously) and will help activate your sebaceous glands to produce more sebum (oil) - which will effectively help prevent your skin being so dry :)

I usually exfoliate once a week with my exfoliating gloves. So ill try doing it another 2 times a week. I gave brought a garnier 7day moisture cream that has worked wonders for my hands
first application and my hands are smooth again! So ill be trying that all over after my bath :)

I suggest exfoliating once a week and no more to my clients who have oily skin - so if you're skin is really dry and flakey, you'll want to do it more :)

Don't scrub though, what you can do as well is mix it with some soap or moisturiser just to help it smooth over your skin more and not rub it raw, otherwise it'll just get sore :) xx

my skin this pregnancy has been awful!

and the skin on my face is so dry, i rub my forehead and it flakes like dandruff :(

Can anyone recommend a good moisturiser for face or one for whole body?

I have incredibly dry skin and the ONLY good moisturiser I have found is Body Shop Intensive Vitamin E

https://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/shop-by-range/vitamin-e/vitamin-e-intense-moisture-cream.aspx

(NB - make sure you get the Intensive one)

If you get one that's too heavy, you could end up getting Milia - which is just little white pimples where the moisturiser has blocked your pours.

You can use any moisturiser maybe once a day. But if your skin is really dry and flakey, gently exfoliate two - three times a week, it'll get rid of the flakey skin (obviously) and will help activate your sebaceous glands to produce more sebum (oil) - which will effectively help prevent your skin being so dry :)

I usually exfoliate once a week with my exfoliating gloves. So ill try doing it another 2 times a week. I gave brought a garnier 7day moisture cream that has worked wonders for my hands
first application and my hands are smooth again! So ill be trying that all over after my bath :)

I suggest exfoliating once a week and no more to my clients who have oily skin - so if you're skin is really dry and flakey, you'll want to do it more :)

Don't scrub though, what you can do as well is mix it with some soap or moisturiser just to help it smooth over your skin more and not rub it raw, otherwise it'll just get sore :) xx

how long after exfoliating do you think i should wait before applying the cream?

I use Oil of Olay.....used it since I was 9 years old (when it was Oil of Ulay!) as my dry skin has always been terrible. I can't even put water on my face without my skin feeling like it's ripping after 5 minutes.

I use E45 as all over body cream.

I tried E45, cocoa butter, simple moisturiser even bio oil.
And still my skin felt dry and rough. but so far this garnier one has left me skin so smooth and it doesnt leave a greasy look/feel

how long after exfoliating do you think i should wait before applying the cream?

After exfoliating you can use a cold flannel over your face or just splash your face with cold water to close your pores again, then put your cream straight on :) That it way it shouldn't clog your pores up:flower:

I use Oil of Olay.....used it since I was 9 years old (when it was Oil of Ulay!) as my dry skin has always been terrible. I can't even put water on my face without my skin feeling like it's ripping after 5 minutes.

I use E45 as all over body cream.

Snap! Olay for my face (I use the anti-wrinkle one for sensitive skin) and E45 for everywhere else.

I like the aveeno day cream for my face. It's also fine for night use, I just use a little less than I do in the morning. for cleansing, I use St. Ives exfoliating cleanser - the kind gentle enough for daily use.

For the rest of my body, I prefer a thicker body butter formula over regular lotion, though I don't have a preferred brand. I also recommend exfoliating at least once a week with a sugar or salt scrub that's got vitamin e in it. It'll get rid of all those dead skin cells clinging to you and keeping your skin dry. Lotion absorbs better after exfoliating, as well.

Target carries a good line of body care items like that for a reasonable price.

Clinique gets my vote!! In the last few months I've started using Clinique repairwear uplifting and it has worked a treat to clear up my eczema! It feels really gentle and is fragrance free and soaks in really quickly, so doesn't feel too greasy or heavy. In fact I have just completely switched to Clinique for most of my skincare and cosmetic products as they don't cause my skin troubles to flare up

my skin this pregnancy has been awful!

and the skin on my face is so dry, i rub my forehead and it flakes like dandruff :(

Can anyone recommend a good moisturiser for face or one for whole body?

I am so thankful that Jason brand vitamin E oil exists. It totally saved my face from flaking off. It absorbs quickly, isn't shiny, smells great, doesn't irritate my skin at all, and doesn't make me break out (most moisturizers give me acne).

I use the vitamin E oil on my belly too and it works great. You can get plain vit E oil for less money if you plan to slather it all over, the Jason vitamin E oil has some other oils that are good for your face, like avocado oil and stuff. It's about $8 a bottle, but a bottle easily lasts 6 months-year. :)

Attachments

• Jason-Vitamin-E-Oil-078522050018.jpg
    Jason-Vitamin-E-Oil-078522050018.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79