recommend me a breast pump

Carlyp1990

Mum to 2 beautiful girls♡
Reaction score
Hi ladies

I'm hoping to bf this little one for at least 6 months (I only lasted 5 weeks with katie) im planning on ebf myself but obviously it will be handy to have a pump for if i'm going out anywhere and leaving lo with daddy... would you recommend a manual or electric pump for these purposes? Also which pumps do you recommend? Xxx

I occasionally pump if I'm going out so daddy or whoever looking after lo can feed him. I have a tommee tippee manuel pump which has been great for me. Can get about 4-5oz in 20 mins. An electric pump would be quicker but it's a lot of money for the odd pump

I occasionally pump if I'm going out so daddy or whoever looking after lo can feed him. I have a tommee tippee manuel pump which has been great for me. Can get about 4-5oz in 20 mins. An electric pump would be quicker but it's a lot of money for the odd pump

I was thinking that, I paid £70 for one last time and used it a handful of times before I stopped feeding... the tt electric one is currently half price at toys r us so that what I was debating :-/ xx

I had a medela electric and hand pump. I was able to get around the same amount out with each, electric I could be hands free and sometimes it was faster.

I only pump once every so often to leave a bottle if I go out and a manual one is fine for occasional use! I wouldn't spend the money on nan electric one if you don't think you will pump often. I pump at the same time my son feeds and when I get let down in one breast I get it in the other and pumping goes super fast.

I would personally spend the money on the electric one. I had every intention to EBF, but now I'm exclusively pumping due to issues. I would have cried if I didn't have my pump when I got so engorged and she would latch. Something to think about.

first of all, call your health visitors and see if you can rent one for free from them first. They tend to do that in areas where breastfeeding rates are low.

I have a double electric one from the health visitors and a manual avent one. The avent one works perfectly fine and is currently on sale on groupon half price with free delivery at £19.99 x

How long do they rent then out for angelandbump? Xx

I bought the medela swing it is expensive but it is also good. Don't have experience with a manual one to comment on the difference.

I saw that offer on groupon angelandbump is it a good price?

How long do they rent then out for angelandbump? Xx

As long as you need them. My son is nearly 10 months and I have had mine since he was about 10 weeks old. I go back to work next week and I am allowed to take mine to work to pump there. They say as long as you are using it, you are welcome to use it.

I bought the medela swing it is expensive but it is also good. Don't have experience with a manual one to comment on the difference.

I saw that offer on groupon angelandbump is it a good price?

I paid £36 in ASDA but I have seen it in John Lewis for £24 or in store in boots for around the same. So IMO it is a good price and I feel its really good x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->