recommendations for prenatal vitamins?

C

charlie_lael

Can anyone recommend a good prenatal vitamin that includes dha? Preferably a chewable, but I can do either. :flower:

I'd recommend New Chapter's prenatal :) (it's fully organic and has folate instead of folic acid, which is the natural form) it is a expensive though, but imo worth it. I got the 192 tablets one which is for 2 months, and there is a bigger bottle which covers the entire first semester.

I think one with the name Rainbow in it, is cheaper, good and also popular.

I take Similac prenatals. It has got everything in it. It is good. As you can see HERE.

I take garden of life prenatals, it's made with food instead of synthetic man made vitamins. Other ones would cause me to get sick.

I second the Garden of Life suggestion. They have two different prenatal vitamins, both are made from whole food and have folate instead of folic acid. One variety is organic and is in tablet form, the other is made of some organic and some not organic ingredients and is in capsule form. If you're not big on organic or not, the capsule one is easier to swallow. Neither of them give me nausea.

This is a good question. I was wondering the same thing. I can only take chewables or capsules. I can't swallow a tablet to save my life and always have to get my antibiotics in liquid form. The chewables my midwife originally prescribed me gave me really bad constipation and made me sick to my stomach. My midwife told me to take one Flintstones vitamin with iron instead and told me to also take one 400 mcg folic acid tablet a day. I may have to try Garden of Life.

I LOVE Garden of Life products. Unfortunately, I have other things to buy, like food, so I went with a less expensive prenatal vitamin. ;) I'm taking the Solaray once a day prenatal. But I've not noticed any difference in how I feel or anything the way I did when I was on GOL vitamins. (not prenatal, just the woman's vitamins) I'm thinking next time around GOL might be worth it.

I take the Rainbow Light prenatals and they're made with food so I don't get sick and it's easy for my body to accept...however, they are like horse pills, huge tablets... I've heard they make a mini pill so that's what I'll be getting next time...unless I go with the Garden Of Life ones, those sound appealing. How big are they though? When I'm nauseated it's so hard to get down a giant tablet.

Surprise- If you have swallowing issues, go with the garden of life RAW Prenatals. They're smaller than rainbow light prenatals, and they're a capsule, so they go down lot easier. The garden of life organic prenatals are tablets like the rainbow light ones, and though they're not quite as big, they still don't go down as smoothly as RAWs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->