recurrent uti's since pregnancy

Serena007

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

I wanted to see if anyone had a similar experience to mine. I was pregnant last year, found out around this time a year ago actually. I got uti's pretty much my whole pregnancy. It was the same bacteria that would get cleared after a around of antibiotics and then would come back 2/3 weeks later. It took 3 or 4 rounds of antibiotics and despite eradicating the bacteria whiile on the antibiotics, it would always come back a few weeks later. I finally got rid of it after I delivered, or I thought I did, and now three months later the same bacteria is back again. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm starting to worry at this point, plus I'm so uncomfortable.

I've always had recurrent uti's and I had a few that hospitalised me while I was pregnant. They're so uncomfortable so big hugs to you :hugs: and I really hope you feel better soon.

maybe it's worth asking the doctor for stronger antibiotics or they do have long term antibiotics for people who get UTI's frequently. A few things that I've always found helped me are peeing after sex, drinking lots of water, taking ibuprofen. Cranberry juice is also really good for relieving the discomfort and flushing the urinary tract out, if you're like me and can't stomach the taste of it there are some beautiful mocktails on Google with cranberry juice that work just the same and taste much better.

It might also be worth seeing your doctor and asking for a referral, perhaps your bladder isn't emptying correctly which is what's causing the build up of bacteria (it means having some ultrasounds) but it's totally treatable if that's the case.

Hope you feel better soon xx

Thank for replying. I never really had frequent utis until I got pregnant... Before that I only got them a couple of times. I did have an ultrasound to make sure the anatomy is fine and everything was normal. My doctor told me the bacteria I got is a little difficult to eradicate ... I'm just worried because I was on antibiotics my whole pregnancy and on them again now long term... I'm sure it's bad to take that much antibiotics.

I suppose as long as your doctor is happy with you taking the antibiotics stick with them, maybe try a probiotic as well.

Hey! I've not yet had my first, but wanted to offer some advice.

I've been getting UTI's since I was around 5 years old (I'm 30 now). I normally get them once a year and at one point didn't gave one fir around 3 years! Over the past two years though I've had UTI's ranging from once every 6 weeks to as frequent as every two weeks. Ultrasounds, x rays etc all showed no issues.

I googled the hell out of it and came across something called D-Mannose. I was really at the end of my tether and after another night of no sleep I made the order on Amazon. Since taking these tablets I have had zero UTIs!!

It's maybe worth looking into and doing your own research to see if it's for you, but I can't recommend it highly enough.

Fingers crossed for you hun. I know exactly what you're going through xx

I should say that I started taking these about 6 months ago xx

Mrs.C I read about D-Mannose and actually bought it off of Amazon but I never used it consistently. When I was pregnant the bacteria I kept getting (or wasn't able to get rid of) was enteroccocus. If I'm not mistaken the D-Mannose is for e-coli. I had an e-coli infection towards the end of my pregnancy, so I will definitely start taking it consistently. Do you take it once a day? I have the powder one. Also, when you used to get utis, did you ever start an antibiotic (which according to the culture result was the correct antibiotic) but didn't feel better right away? I've been on the antibiotics (as per the culture report) for 10 days almost and I'm not feeling 100% better.

I always suffered from this too. I now have constant bacterial intercystial cystitis. There something homeopathic that not only seems to ease symptoms, it also helps fights the infection. Making it less and shorter. I also started to get less infections. Look up, "D-mannose. I used to just used the powder but now use caplets with the powder in it and cranberry. So far after yrs of terrible suffering and so many anti biotics. Is now a bit of relief. Good luck and feel better. Oops, oh yea. You can pick it up at vitamin shop or gnc, or just order it online.

Oops, I see others got to u first. Well I hope I find ur answer.

Mrs.C I read about D-Mannose and actually bought it off of Amazon but I never used it consistently. When I was pregnant the bacteria I kept getting (or wasn't able to get rid of) was enteroccocus. If I'm not mistaken the D-Mannose is for e-coli. I had an e-coli infection towards the end of my pregnancy, so I will definitely start taking it consistently. Do you take it once a day? I have the powder one. Also, when you used to get utis, did you ever start an antibiotic (which according to the culture result was the correct antibiotic) but didn't feel better right away? I've been on the antibiotics (as per the culture report) for 10 days almost and I'm not feeling 100% better.

It's not exclusively for e-coli. There were instances where I had the symptoms of an infection but no actual bacteria present as well....and not all my infections were e-coli.
When I first got the D-Mannose (in tablet form) I took it 3 times a day for the first week. The week after that, twice a day and then after that I dropped back to once a day. Never had a problem since with bacteria or symptoms and no bacteria.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->