Red and blotchy?

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by CeriB, Jun 5, 2011.

1. CeriB

CeriB Well-Known Member

Hi ladies :flower:

For a few weeks now, Erin has been getting quite red and blotchy during her feeds :shrug: Its mainly on her face, neck, top of back and chest and happens every time. I though maybe she was hot, but thats not it.

Anyone have any ideas what it could be? I am a bit concerned it may be an intolerance to something, but my diet hasn't changed so not too sure??

2. Nervous_1

Nervous_1 Well-Known Member

could it be teething related? :shrug:

3. CeriB

CeriB Well-Known Member

Don't think so - only happens when she BFs. I havent noticed if it happens when she has a FF tbh, so will watch out for it next time.

4. summer rain

summer rain Mum of 5

I was thinking it may be due to an intolerance, my LO has grown out of most of his now but when he was younger he would be coming up in what I'd describe as mini hives, while feeding if I had inadvertently had any problem foods or ingredients hours earlier. Sometimes LOs develop intolerances at a later stage and it could also perhaps be due to a shower gel or maybe a washing powder or fabric conditioner that is leaving residues on your skin on or near your breasts? My second eldest who had the most severe allergies would get redness or hives from perfumes in products and this was a problem he developed at about five months xx

5. austinsmom

austinsmom Well-Known Member

maybe your laundry detergent? perfume? :shrug: