red blood!!

Discussion in 'Postnatal Support' started by nataliecn, Apr 8, 2009.

1. nataliecn

nataliecn Mommy to Grady and WTT!

So - I've been doing lots today, and I just went to the bathroom and when I wiped there was lots of red blood. I had to flush the toilet 3 times because of the amount of TP I had to use to get it all clear.

I've had the red blood a few times since it started going more pink, and it only lasted a little bit, and was only when I did a lot throughout the day.

I have a doctors appointment tomorrow, and really don't feel like spending HOURS in the emergency room today... Think I'll be ok to leave it til tomorrow? Especially if it slows down like it usually does...

2. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

Take it easy for the rest of the day and see what happens. Chances are you just over did it and it should calm down once you rest and relax. Try not to overdo it to much :hugs:

3. nataliecn

I can't help it! I'm going mental sitting around doing nothing!!!! LOL

4. tasha41

tasha41 Mum & Dad + 1

I agree, take it easy!!

BTW with the TP thing.. I stole one of those squirt bottles they have at the hospital to clean your crotch out lol (usually for if you have stitches).. they work really well to flush it all out without using a whole roll to wipe it up!

5. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

I was given one of those bottles, was a life saver :D

6. Alexas Mommy

Alexas Mommy Well-Known Member

I was given one of those-LOVED it...haha OH thought I was weird keeping it! Still have it actually, and plan on using it when AF starts up again :D

7. tasha41

tasha41 Mum & Dad + 1

OMG I still have mine too -- that's why I stole it from the hospital exactly, to use with AF :) But yeah, if you don't have one from the hospital you could buy like one of those red or yellow mustard or ketchup bottles from the dollar store, you know they come empty and have a sorta pointy end for squirting? lol. If I ever lose my bottle I will definitely do it :blush:

8. Tam

Tam Mum of 2 - PG with No.3

Oooooh either this is an American thing, or I am not aware of these bottles: either way, I am going to get something like you suggested Tasha x

9. nataliecn

They're called Peri-bottles!
    I never brought mine home though... I was trying to get outta there as fast as I could.. haha!

10. Landingmach3

Landingmach3 Proud Mama

Oh I for suuuure took mine! Wonderful thing! I had an episiotomy, so I got one anyway lol didn't have to sneak it

11. BlackBerry25

BlackBerry25 Helena & Elliot <3

I brought mine home and used it for so long :rofl: Best thing after having a baby! :D