Red lipstick

emyandpotato

Reaction score
Totally random! Do you like it/hate it/indifferent? I'm a bit obsessed at the moment and wear it with everything but my mum really really hates it (not just on me, in general) so I'm thinking is it totally ridiculous in general? Aha yes, most pointless thread but thought I'd ask!

I like it, but not on me. I don't suit much in the way of lipstick

I think you have to find the right red! Red in general does not suit me but I can get away with the lippy if it has enough blue and pink in it. Too tomatoey and it is horrendous. It's realy retro (40's) and I'm in love with a lot of people who wear it on the Burlesque scene but I've had to be really careful about it myself.

Noon_child I adore tomatoey reds! The orange ones suit me best and I think they're much younger than the deeper ones. I got a bit obsessed with them after seeing almost every girl at LCM wearing orangey red with bare makeup everywhere else.

I'd wear it if I suited it.

:rofl: not with pink hair though

I think a lot depends on the tones in the red too

If you rock it, don't change! :)

I love red lipstick, I went through a stage of wearing it but looking back it doesn't work for me!! I've got red hair so that could be why it clashed. I'm a pink lip girl now!

I like it, just not on me. Lipstick in general just doesn't suit me.

I like red lipstick and think it looks good on a lot of people, just not me :)

My dad was that way about red nail polish. He said it was "trampy" LOL! I still can't wear it without feeling a little naughty lol!

I don't like it, I don't like lipstick, the only colour I wear is nude

My dad was that way about red nail polish. He said it was "trampy" LOL! I still can't wear it without feeling a little naughty lol!

I think it used to be. I wouldn't have worn red nail polish for this reason til a few years ago, but I think it's all changed now and colourwise everything is fine!

I love matte red lips I think it looks fantastic. I've got a tiny mouth though so I look ridiculous wearing any colour lipstick, it always looks like I just stuck a prawn to my face.
So as good as it looks I can't wear it, I stick with nudes :(

Thinking looks great on some people, but I don't wear it. Tbh I don't wear lipstick or gloss, just a bit of the pink Vaseline.

That made me lol!!!

My mum used to say "prostitutes wear red nail varnish".... WTF?!

Whenever I apply it now I always have that same thought .... Will people think I'm a hooker?!

My parents think the same thing about painted toe nails, they always thought it was a little...they wouldn't have used this word but I can't remember what word they did use "slutty" I love painted toe nails though but whenever I do it I feel really OTT!!

Red lipstick is the kind of thing not everyone can pull off, not just because of colourings but because I think some "styles" of clothing suit it better than others, when it does work though it looks great. I've never tried, I've got quite big lips so think I would feel too self conscious, I like corals, peaches and light pinks.

I had my make done professionally for a wedding a few weeks ago and had my first introduction to red lipstick, not a colour I would have chosen myself but I loved it! And very quickly went out and bought the same one

I'd absolutely adore to be able to wear any lipstick but it all just looks silly on my lips- much to my discontentment!

I think you should rock it if it looks lovely!

xxx

I think it looks great when people do that 40/50s style look. Other than that I'm not keen on it. No type of lipstick suits me, or any make up for that matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->