Red mark on lo's forehead

scottiejunior

Reaction score
Emelia has a red mark on her foreheads- a few people have told me that its from how she was position inside me. It's faint but when when she is hot or upset it gets redder. I've heard they fade over time and just wondered if there is many other babies with this or had this?

My LO has the same thing. You don't even notice it but as soon as she is tired or angry it flares up and turns into a dark red mark in the middle of her forehead. I barely notice it now at 8.5 months so it has faded but is still there x

I think some people call it a stork's kiss and its a birth mark which will fade.

yep. My DS has one, bright red "V" between his brows. Its mainly faded now (at 8.5 months) but gets super bright when hes upset or tired. I was told its called a Stork Bite

Thanks ladies- that's exactly what's its like, a V shape on her forehead.

My son also has it and you can always see it. His daddy also has it, but his shows when he is mad.

My DD has the same thing. Also gets darker when she is upset.

My DD has it too she's 9 months, it has faded although like everyone else said you can still see it if she's upset.

Both of mine have almost EXACTLY the same marks. Apparently is to do with how their heads were in the pelvis.
They do fade, but will always flare up when upset/ angry.

yep. My DS has one, bright red "V" between his brows. Its mainly faded now (at 8.5 months) but gets super bright when hes upset or tired. I was told its called a Stork Bite

sorry to hijack OP was gonna reply but read this^^^ and this is exactly the same as my lill girl only its slightly over the one eye and a little going on forehead.

Just wanted to ask this mummy if it gradually got better or did it seem to fade quite quickly? We were told it should get better but sometimes it does not... My LO is 7 months & its still as bright to me (brighter to me but OH says thats just in my head) i have got used to it & she is gorgeous but it makes her look angry from afar and on photos,thats what i dont really like.

My 1st daughter had this , she also had it on her eye lid and one just above her bum, she's 11 now and I think they have almost gone, I never notice them anymore, it's funny because my second baby girl almost three weeks old now has them in exactly the same places, they have different dads , so thought it was odd how they almost exactly the same, but they do fade x

My son and daughter had this, my son on his eyelid, and my daughter on her forehead, eyelid and the back of her head/neck. My sons has gone completely now and my daughters are pretty much gone now too :) x x x

My LO has this! I wondered what it was so I'm glad to have found this thread! He has a mark on his forehead and his eyelid

Yea emelia has it on the back of her neck/ head also and a tiny little mark in her left eyelid. Fx it will fade over next 6 months or so

The technical name is a nevus simplex and it's caused by a malformation in the capillaries and is most likely due to minor trauma in the womb, like bad positioning of the head against the pelvis. They are incredibly common, about 1 in 3 babies have one somewhere, usually between the eyes (an angel's kiss) or on the back of the neck (a stork mark). Those between the eyes fade away and are usually gone by 2 years, with maybe a faint outline apparent if they get very agitated.

Micah has an 'angel's kiss' too! It's faint until he cries, my best friend who's met him tons of times only noticed last weekend, she thought his hat had rubbed!

We have a stork mark here too! The most noticeable is the V on his forehead but he also has angel kisses on his left eyelid and back of his neck....

https://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q693/rshipley20/04D1EB4D-1D73-460F-9CF5-B3E02593EEB6-10270-00000A621CAE7F3B_zps095697fb.jpg

The scratch on his nose is extra haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->