Red Raspberry Leaf Tea- what did it do for you?

mara16jade

Mommy of 2 little boys
Reaction score
So I'm going to post this in two sections of BnB since there are a few times women would use RRLT: leading up to childbirth and to help their menstrual cycle.

Sooo.... how did it help your labor? Was it faster? Less painful? Didn't notice a change?

In case you'd like to comment on the other thread:
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/w...spberry-leaf-tea-did-do-you.html#post27255839

Well, I have no way if knowing if it was the rrlt or not but I drank it regularly in my 2nd and 3rd tri with my first and i had a very quick natural labor at 41 weeks. It was 5 hrs total with 30 min or less of pushing. Who knows if it would have been longer or more difficult had I not been drinking rrlt. Im going to start drinking it again as soon as i move into 2nd tri.

Well, I have no way if knowing if it was the rrlt or not but I drank it regularly in my 2nd and 3rd tri with my first and i had a very quick natural labor at 41 weeks. It was 5 hrs total with 30 min or less of pushing. Who knows if it would have been longer or more difficult had I not been drinking rrlt. Im going to start drinking it again as soon as i move into 2nd tri.

Any idea if your mom had a quick labor? Not that all labors follow how your mom's was....but I'm still curious. haha

It works by toning smooth muscle ( which is what your uterus is made of)

It doesn't guarantee a faster labour , there are alot of factors that contribute to that and some women just have longer labours, . But it certainly doesn't hurt and it may help out

Any idea if your mom had a quick labor? Not that all labors follow how your mom's was....but I'm still curious. haha

My mom had a difficult labor that ended in csection.

I took the capsules from 32wks and my labour was really short. Got to hospital 10cms dilated around 1am and ds was born at 3.25am spot on his due date!
Will def be taking it this time

I drank the tea regularly in the later stages of my first pregnancy, my daughter came on her due date, I arrived at the hospital at 9cm and had her naturally with just some gas and air. I obviously don't know whether it was the tea that helped but put it like this, I will definitely be doing it again with this pregnancy :)

I drank it with my 1st but not with my 2nd (well I took about 4 capsules in my 2nd pregnancy, I kept forgetting!) and my 1st labour was shorter! Who knows whether the RLT helped make my 1st labour faster but I know I'll be taking it again if I have a 3rd!

For those who took capsules, how many?

For those who drank tea, how many cupfuls a day? It's in my prenatal, so I'm planning on not taking any during the 1st trimester, having a cup a day in the 2nd, and two+ cups a day during the third. Does that sound about right?

I used it for both my pregnancies starting around 25 weeks drinking the tea. I started with 1 cup a day and worked my way up to 4 cups a day by week 38.
I had two fast, easy labors. Both with only 5 min pushing and it would have been faster but I didn't really 'push' at first with my first until my midwife pointed out I should be really putting oomph into it. lol Then he came out head and body all on the 2nd real push. And the 2nd time around the midwife made me stop pushing to unwrap the cord from his neck, so again two pushes, head first push, body second.
My active labor for my 1st was 3 hours. My active labor with my second was about 45 minutes.

So I'm going to post this in two sections of BnB since there are a few times women would use RRLT: leading up to childbirth and to help their menstrual cycle.

Sooo.... how did it help your labor? Was it faster? Less painful? Didn't notice a change?

In case you'd like to comment on the other thread:
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/w...spberry-leaf-tea-did-do-you.html#post27255839

I think I drank from 37 weeks, a few cups a day. My labour was very straightforward with no complications (lucky me!) and my son was 8lb10oz, I was 5 days overdue. When I got to the hosp I was 5cm already and the midwife was shocked at this. So I think it must have definately helped, but who knows what would have been if I never drank it! Will definately be drinking it with this one at the late stage.

I'm brand new to drinking RRLT but so far I've noticed that my growing pains are less painful than they were before I started drinking it, and I experienced some braxton hicks last night, and it was mildly uncomfortable at best, compared to my first pregnancy, where it was pretty painful

I heard some great things about rrlt from the first pregnancy. Too bad I didn't try it. This time around, I will try it. I plan on drinking it by 25-30 weeks.

I drunk it it the last trimester with my dd and from my waters breaking and giving birth it was 16 hours but my labour was very easy and actually not that that painful and from starting to push my dd was born in about 5 mins I don't know if it was the tea or wether I was just lucky, il be drinking it again with this baby aswell :)

Such an interesting thread! I know it's not exactly a scientific study, but seems like it actually helps. This is my first pregnancy, but this thread has me convinced I should start drinking it. Like someone else said, it can't hurt, and might help, so why not?

Such an interesting thread! I know it's not exactly a scientific study, but seems like it actually helps. This is my first pregnancy, but this thread has me convinced I should start drinking it. Like someone else said, it can't hurt, and might help, so why not?

I'd ask your trusted medical professional first before drinking it and what they suggest for you. It is a rather strong substance, and has been known to start preterm labor, especially if you are higher risk than others. I made quick call to my midwife and asked about it before I started drinking it every day, and she said it was ok for me, but limited me to 1 cup per day until I reached 37 weeks, and then I could increase to 2.

I would definitely discuss it first with your doctor just to be sure.

I'd ask your trusted medical professional first before drinking it and what they suggest for you. It is a rather strong substance, and has been known to start preterm labor, especially if you are higher risk than others. I made quick call to my midwife and asked about it before I started drinking it every day, and she said it was ok for me, but limited me to 1 cup per day until I reached 37 weeks, and then I could increase to 2.

Huh, good to know, thanks! I will definitely ask at my next appointment. My SIL has been drinking it throughout her whole pregnancy, so I never thought there was any risk. I think I'll wait towards closer to the end, and definitely after talking to my doctor. I'm only 17 weeks now, so plenty of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->