Red Raspberry Leaf Tea

Flannz94

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

I've been doing some reading into Red Raspberry Leaf Tea and the capsules. I've seen so many mixed reviews on both of them. I've never used them before in my previous pregnancies and went to 40+4 with both. I don't want to do anything to induce labour but anything that will help labour in the long run is worth a try right?! :) i've read they help tone the uterus for more efficient contractions.

Has anyone used them before, what did you think of it? How much did you use? Or are you planning on using it this time around?

TIA :flower: xx

My first pregnancy wasn't what i wwanted so i researched everything natural i could help out. I didnt take the capsules but i drank the tea from about 36 weeks upping the amount every couple days. First pregnancy didnt do this and bled for like a month after delivery. Second doing this still was induced but i was done bleeding within a week and i felt great. Supposed to help your uterus go back quicker to which is why i think i stopped bleeding quicker. I also had to be cut for first baby and DID not want that again so i took evening primrose oil from about the same time orally and then the week before i was putting it up there to dissolve while i slept to help everything soften. No tearing or getting cut!

Hey yeah I'm drinking the tea made from the loose leaves. Only having a cup a day and I'm 26 weeks. There is no known adverse effects from taking it, it's full of nutrients and in a lot of cultures it would be taken all the way though pregnancy :) I'm hoping for a vbac this time around so hoping RRLT will help me

I didn't do the tea for my first and did with my second and third. For me, it worked, only two or three pushes to get them out, didn't bleed as long PP. I'm planning on drinking it again this time around, going to start next week, and gradually increase to four cups a day.

I had it with my first. I couldn’t really compare it but what I did notice was my labour was quite short for a first, only 4-5 hours. Contractions were quite effective too.
I plan on doing it again this time around!

Thanks for your replies ladies! I think i’ll definitely give it a go? When did you start drinking it and how many cups a day?

I’m also interested in trying the evening primrose oil, I’ve read inserting the capsules really helps soften the cervix. Any experience with this?

Can't say for primrose, but I started the tea mid 30's with like one cup. I did get some strong BH at first, but after a few days I went up to two cups a day.

I drank RLT with my first 2 pregnancies and I will again later on with this one.

1st labour was straight forward, pushing lasted an hour
2nd labour whole thing was 4 hours from start to finish, pushed twice she was out.

I started at 32 weeks with 1 cup then upped it a cup every 2 weeks.

I loved the tea! My gyn said the same as the internet, studies on herbs are minimal and inconclusive. I think I started around 32w? I enjoyed it just as much as you enjoy regular tea he. I had no false labor alarms, very few BH. I started dilating and effacing early. Had a wonderful early and active labor. Though I caved at 7cm and asked for the good stuff. Baby was out in 2 pushes, almost one. Took about four hours of labor to get to 10. Gave birth full term at 38w2d. :)

I started with one cup a day the upped to two after a couple weeks

I drank it with both of my previous pregnancies. I went over DD, but that's how my body does babies I think.
#1 was back to back and stuck. So the tea couldn't have helped me there. But my PP healing was very smooth with minimal cramping.
With #2 he came on his own. With a 10 hour labor, and only about 3 pushes. Again PP healing was fast and painless.
I also continued drinking it after as it is supposed to be good for BF. I had lots of milk, so not sure if it was RLT or just my body.

I can't remember how much I was drinking or how frequent in my first pregnancy... but I was still induced 2 weeks late and in labour for almost 24 hours, splitting several directions :-#

I'll probably try it again this time around regardless though. If there's no reasons not to, then why not aye :o

I used RLT with DS2 & DD. From thirty something weeks. I think the advice is avoid earlier on if you have a history of losses, but there isn’t any evidence to back that up with, as much as there isn’t any to say it’s completely safe. I would think though that it probably is safe, I doubt you’re going to drink baths of the stuff.
I don’t personally have experience of EPO during pregnancy, but have heard it’s good for softening the cervix later on and have known some to use it and say it’s good

I drank the tea with my first two starting in second tri, this one i waited a bit because of preterm labor worries. I also inserted the evening primrose oil, and had fast labors with both, no tearing with my second and i’m Expecting this one to be the same! I did 1 primrose capsule a night till 38 weeks then 2 a night. My daughter was born 39+2 and my son was born 38+1 I’m guessing this may be a Halloween baby, she’ll be 37+4 on Halloween!

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->