Reduced movement?

Breeelizabeth

Reaction score
I was in hospital yesterday after more vomiting, I just needed some IV fluids but was hooked up to the CTG for the majority of my visit. Little miss was very active, moreso than normal (she doesn't like the monitors lol) and looked wonderful on the CTG. But today has been the total opposite, maybe 10 noticeable movements all day. I've checked her HR on my doppler and all seems OK, but I can't help but feel concerned, I've also spent the majority of the day in bed - so normally days like today I would feel her the most.
Do you think it's possible that maybe she's just worn out from all the kicking and moving she did yesterday? I don't want to seem like a hypochondriac and turn up at L&D for the second day in a row for a second reason.
Do your babies still have slow days?

if you are concerned id ring anyway you can never be too safe at this stage i think, my o was very quiet Friday and i was going to go to my maternity hospital once i sat down had a hot cuppa tea and relaxed i got big movemnts and kicks, yesterday he made up for lost time :haha: but he did give me a fright being so quiet because hes non stop most of the time, ring and see what they say hope everything is ok

dont rely on a doppler hun its babys movements that show baby is doing ok im sure shes fine but give them a ring to be sure

I would call them, I don't think they will mind at all, they always tell you to report a chamber In movement right away. It's probably nothing but if baby was in distress for any reason you need to know.

Phone them. I'm sure they won't mind checking on you.

As Emmi said, please don't rely on a doppler at this stage. By the time you notice a change in heart rate your baby may have been in distress for some time.
Saying that, your baby is probably fine :hugs: I'm just one who would rather be safe than sorry. Getting checked out will also lay your fears to rest and you can concentrate on getting yourself better :hugs:

This happened to me on Wednesday. I went in and as soon as I got there and hooked up to the stress test LO starting bouncing away. But they were happy I came in, and told me any less than 6 movements in one hour, after a light snack and cold/sugary drink, lying on my side, to come right back in.

Well, Friday afternoon there were no movements again since 9am. I went back in, they hooked me up and for about 10 minutes there were still no movements. They gave me yogurt, crackers, apple juice, and milk and about 3-4 minutes after eating it baby woke up and his movements were back to normal!

Go back in or call - even if it's just for your piece of mind.

Ring! I'm been induced today due to reduced movement.

It's so important to get checked out.

Good luck :hugs:

I'm sure LO is fine and just all tuckered out, but that's what the doctors and nurses are there for- to check you out when things like this happen.
Chances are you'll just get sent home to wait for the little miss to make her appearance, but it's always good to get checked out!

Hey ladies

I'd call to get checked, the dopler helps but movement is the key in checking everything is happy days.

Lil one is probably just tired from yesterday but why risk it, have something sugary and lay on your side see if that helps.

But defo call

Let us know how you get on x

Call them, I was induced on Tuesday due to low fetal movement, I only had 3 small movements in an hour, the doctors said as I was classed as full term and had already previously been in because of reduced movement then it was best she came out, they did leave the final decision up to me as it was the day before Christmas eve but I decided to go ahead with induction as I'd never have forgiven myself if anything would have happened to her.

Thanks ladies, I ended up getting sick again so fell asleep and slept all night, but little miss seems much more active today. I have made a doctors appointment this afternoon so will mention it to him, hopefully because it's not the first time I've felt reduced movement he'll induce me or monitor me more closely.
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"