Reduced movement?

MissR

R+R+J+Dot
Reaction score
So basically, I'm 39+1 and last time i properly felt baby was around 6pm last night, and that was just because he had hiccups.

This morning I have had shooting pains under my bump at the bottom and he's only really moved when I have really prodded at my bump. I know he is moving as sometimes parts of my bump are rock hard and then it will be all squishy again, but I can't actually feel him changing position.

He usually has a little wriggle at night but I had an early night last night and managed to go straight to sleep and stay asleep all night, which never usually happens.

I went to midwife drop in this morning as I was concerned but I have had to leave without being seen as they was running very late and I've had to get my daughter from nursery. I'm still getting low down shooting pains but not sure what to make of them.

Should I call the hospital? Never really had anything like this before, just wondering if it's because I'm in such late stages and because I actually had a full nights sleep so didn't notice it?? Don't want to waste anyone's time over nothing!xx

I would ring your antenatal triage. It sounds like its out of the ordinary so best to get checked out. They really wont feel like you are bothering them and its not worth the risk x

I agree give them a call and let them know,what's happening, more than likely little one will start moving normally once you are being monitored (happened to me lol!) but it's best to be sure. Let us know,what happensx

Thanks ladies. I haven't said anything to my other half as I don't want to worry him and I know he will freak out. I will call within the next hour I think if little one doesn't have a wriggle about! Xx

Definitely worth giving them a call. Let us know how you get on xx

Just to update, I have felt lots of movement in the past couple of hours. Still have shooting pains occasionally but I think it's just baby getting ready. Thank you all so much xx

If you have any reduction in movements please get checked out. You're not wasting anyone's time - it's what the assessment team are there for!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->