Reduced movements even at 25weeks?

Sammy1

Reaction score
I'm almost 25 weeks and have an anterior placenta, so movements are really few and far between. On a night when I get in bed I can see and feel my stomach moving and my husband can too. However in the day I get a few flutters only. Today I've had no movements at all- but when I was sat on the couch at 4.30am I did. Is this something I should worry about? I'm doing a night shift tonight so won't be able to monitor night time movements like I have been doing in the last few nights. Even now sat on the sofa poking my tummy there is no movements! I don't know if it is all down to having the anterior placenta?

I not sure where you are but on my maternity notes it says to report any changes in foetal movement at any time of day. Hopefully it's just the placenta being in the way but I'd be getting checked out if it were me.

That sounds pretty normal to me. At 25 weeks with an anterior placenta, you won't notice them as much. It's still early on. But it's also really normal for them to be quiet during the day. I'm 39 weeks tomorrow and I only periodically feel movement during the day. It's usually because I'm busy (and he is moving), but I don't feel it. I've always had more activity in both my pregnancies in the morning and evening and during the night. So you should start to notice a pattern soon, definitely by 28 weeks, but as long as you are getting movement, I wouldn't stress about it too much. Of course, if you're worried though, there's no harm in getting it checked, but midwives will likely just ask you to keep an eye on things.

I think at 25 weeks it sounds normal. I also have an anterior placenta. My OB says as long as I'm feeling SOME movement it's okay at this point. Later I will have to do kick counts. I'm not feeling a ton of movement yet and I'm 23 weeks today. Usuallly some kicks in the morning and more in bed at night with a few random ones during the day.

Thank you everyone! Had a lot of movements overnight then this morning, and again nothing throughout the day I think this is just baby's pattern and maybe that I am busier in the daytime! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->