reduced poo after switching to FF

Ju_bubbs

Proud single Mummy of 5!
Reaction score
Hi ladies thought I'd introduce myself to this section since I've just switched from BF to FF!

I dont know if anyone will have answer since its probably due to the switch, but up til last saturday LO was exclusively BF and every single nappy had runny yelloe poo in it, tho usually only a tiny bit, but since she's been on formula (sma gold) she only poops once a day and its real thick consistency and greeny - also theres so much of it that it covers her back and all her clothes!! :haha:

Are there any other switchers who can tell me if this happened to their LO?

Nim's in the process of moving into Neocate and her poos have slowed a lot, she used to be a poo every hour girl but we actually went overnight with nothing. I'm guessing its just her digestion settling down?

Ive given William a bottle of formula every morning for a week and he hasn't poo'd for 5 days and he used to go every couple of hours, so for next couple of days im sticking to just breastfeeding hoping he goes.

When I was bf she used to go at least 5 days in between poos. They were small, yellowy & pretty inoffensive.

When we switched to combi feeding her poos increased to ever other / most days. And they're absolute carnage! They are big green smelly explosive messes and she usually does a combination of textures (from hard to runny) in one nappy!

Yeh my LO's nappies have been exactly the same Ju_bubbs and she still getting 3 breastfeeds a day and 2 FF

Doesnt seem to worry her at all tho, at least shes not constipated!!

My LO pooed every 3 days whilst FF (before he was weaned) and went to once a day when weaned. I do think every baby is different but I do think it's fair to say FF babies poo less.

Thanks ladies, looks like its quite a common thing which stops me worrying so much! I wish they'd go back to non smelly tho!! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->