Reducing milk?

Sunnie1984

Reaction score
My 13 month old still has 4 x 250ml bottles of milk a day.

Her solids are suffering a but as a result.

She only has her two bottom front teeth, very slow and late teether. So maybe that doesn't help.

I tried cutting out a bottle but it was a nightmare.

I wondered about dropping an ounce or so from all four bottles, and reducing it that way. I make her bottles in advance and out them in the fridge so a pain to just drop a bit from one feed!

Anyone had to do this? X

I do, and she throws all the food off the tray and cries until she gets milk.

Very very milk obsessed! X

My lg is 20 months and still has 1/2 6 oZ bottles a day sometimes still wakes in the night for another 1 aswel, at 13 months she was still taking 6 6oz bottles in a 24 hour period (she's never been a good sleeper) she used to do the exact same and through her food and scream until she got milk instead, a real milk baby! I seen a special hv about it and everything and all she said is some baby's develop later than others and she'll except more food as she's older, which she has done now when she's whiny from being hungry I offer food and she'll take it, she's a real fussy eater and still likes at least 1 bottle a day but she's getting there and she did it all at her own pace! I wouldn't stress I'm sure she'll reduce when she's ready :)

I would stick with the morning and evening bottle as normal as that is fine but for the other 2 bottles I would offer maybe 3oz as a drink with her meal

Slow teething is a killer :( Omar was also off food at that age, try to offer her soft food like yoghurts & fruit pots, he was living on baby cereals, yoghurt, fruit pots & milk at that age. I reduced his milk feeds during the day to 4 oz, & I started to give him a multi vit. We weaned him off the bottle at 23 months without a fuss. She's too young to understand cutting out her feeds, but I don't think she will really notice if you go for an oz or 2 less in each feed.

Do you give her formula or cow milk? I used to offer him cow milk during the day & formula at bedtime only. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->