redundancy

kadey

mum to a princess
Reaction score
HI everyone,

Aint been on here since last week coz i have been made redundant from work :cry: just what we needed when james was having trouble with his job aswel. Well im not letting it get me down. i refuse lol im just seeing it as early maternity leave. very early hehe
gota get onto the claims office and start applying for all the different benefits i should be entitled to. i have a meeting with my boss tomorrow aswel so i should will update and let you all know whats happenin.

on a more positive note.......im moving over to 3rd Tri :happydance::happydance::happydance: yey lol

xxx

Sorry about your job, hope everything works out. Congrats on third tri tho!

:hugs: Aww hun sorry to hear that! Hope theres some good news for you tomorrow! Congrats on 3rd tri too!!

Sorry about your job hunni :) XxX

see it as a positive thing i know its hard not to at the moment!! i went through the same in May chin up

Aww, that's awful about your job but good on you for not letting it get you down. And good luck in 3rd tri! See you in a couple of weeks! x

Thats too bad about the job, but congrats on 3rd tri!

sorry to hear about your job kadey :( just think...you hated it anyway :) xx

sorry about the job hun :( if it were me i would say '' see you in court!''
:D xx

have they given you a reason for your redundancy if you have been employed them for 26 weeks up to your 25 weeks of pregnancy arent you still entitled to claim maternity though?

h x

Bad luck hun. Try not to let it get you down. Just concentrate on looking after you and bubs. Hope your meeting with the boss goes well today.xx

i thought they werent allowed to make you redundant whilst your pregnant!?

i thought they werent allowed to make you redundant whilst your pregnant!?

It depends on the reasons. A friend of mine was made redundant while pregnant, she works for a charity and the funding for her position ran out. They were able to offer her an alternative position though.

Given the current financial climate there are a lot of companies having to hand out redundancies. There's nothing to stop a company making a pregnant woman redundant, as long as that's not the reason for choosing her over someone else.

The problem with the system as it stands is that the burden of proof is on the "victim", rather than the employer. I think it should change, I think the employer should have to prove they are not sacking/making redundant the pregnant woman because of her pregnancy.

yes it is very easy to make up an excuse why the pregnant woman has to go and not someone else, very dodgy ground i suppose for both employer and employee!! But if i thought there was someone else at my work that was rubbish or should go before me despite my pregnancy i would kick off i think!!

im desperately looking for a job at the moment and so many people are still being made redundant! im lucky my OH makes enough to support us both but i like to make my own money, i have always had a job and its weird to have to rely on someone else!

x

i know you prob dont want any excess stress but try and make sure that the redundancy is above board and that they aren't trying to pull a fast one

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->