referred to doctors

puddycats

mummy to jake
Reaction score
midwife came today to weight low, and because he is not back at his birth weight we have to go doctors at 3pm, he was born 6lb 1oz, went down to 5lb 7oz, she has been coming every 2/3 days, then he was 5lb 10oz 2 days later he was 5lz 11oz and as of today he is 5lb 14oz, she sed he is gaining weight but cuz its 2wks since he has been born and he shud be back up 2 his birth weight by now and its just protocol that if baby isnt we have to go doctors to be checked, but everything is fine she sed, also he hasnt pooped since tuesday and he is being realln crabby since last night.

he has both bottle and breast, mainly breast. he always has really wet hiccups and they sound painful, last night he was up all night, no amount of burping/feeding/winding/giving bottle/changin nappy got him to sleep, tho now he fast asleep! he always arches his back when havin bottle, other then the above he the perfect child!

he wont lie flat either he has to be on a angle, his head higher at all times.

Dont have much advice but didn't want to r&r :hugs:

Other ladies have suggested back arching during feeds could be related to reflux, but I'm not sure & don't know if it would impact weight gain. Hopefully the dr will be able to help you out xx

Sounds like silent reflux Hun,tell the doctor exactly what u just described on here and he will probably suggest somthing xx

thank you i just looked it up and he has all the symptoms, also slow increase of weight it one of them, will up date later xx

bk from doctors, he listened to babys bowels n felt his tummy n said everythin is fine,
i asked bout reflux n he laughed n said defo not at 2 wks old, not possible..

anyone av this sed to them?

bk from doctors, he listened to babys bowels n felt his tummy n said everythin is fine,

Ridiculous.

And yes, I heard that. His severe acid reflux subsided at 14 months so I can assure you they were wrong! I took mine to a pediatrician who was up to date on his studies - try another doctor.

Sounds like silent reflux as the other poster said. You should let your dr know what is going on asap. This is a really painful condition for LO and the weigjht loss can become a big issue if not taken care of. My LO has a severe case of it and is on Ratidine (sp?) and we still have bad days. She has also had weight issues and almost ended up in the hospital with failure to thrive due to silent reflux. So please speak with your dr. In the mean time you can do a couple things to help LO feel more comfortable. Burp every ounce. Keep baby upright for 30 or so after feed. Do not over feed. You can put some books under mattress of crib to put it on an incline. Ummmm, can't think of anything else off the top of my head, buit Good Luck! And keep us updated.....

Lilys reflux started the day she was brought home from hospital! I would talk to MW or get another dr if you can. Because if LO has the symtoms you are posting then i would say as Aliss and mummy2lola said she has it and needs to be looked after. Poor thing. Its the worst and can get really bad if not taken care of. Good Luck! And lots of :hugs:

Sounds like silent reflux as the other poster said. You should let your dr know what is going on asap. This is a really painful condition for LO and the weigjht loss can become a big issue if not taken care of. My LO has a severe case of it and is on Ratidine (sp?) and we still have bad days. She has also had weight issues and almost ended up in the hospital with failure to thrive due to silent reflux. So please speak with your dr. In the mean time you can do a couple things to help LO feel more comfortable. Burp every ounce. Keep baby upright for 30 or so after feed. Do not over feed. You can put some books under mattress of crib to put it on an incline. Ummmm, can't think of anything else off the top of my head, buit Good Luck! And keep us updated.....

thank you, we do, every oz we burp, i keep him on me upright for bout 30 mins after every feed, were usin Resting Up Baby Sleep Positioner which seems to help as lo isnt flat on his back.

my docs are closed till monday but if i have another bad night im gunna call a doctor out or somethin.

thank you, we do, every oz we burp, i keep him on me upright for bout 30 mins after every feed, were usin Resting Up Baby Sleep Positioner which seems to help as lo isnt flat on his back.

my docs are closed till monday but if i have another bad night im gunna call a doctor out or somethin.

Oh good! I can completely relate to what your going thru. It was a nightmare until Lily was finally diagnosed and put on meds. And fyi the medication Ratidine is a dosage by weight so if you are able to get the medicine and at some point it seems to stop working it might be because he has gained weight and needs more. Just wanted to give you a heads up, incase.. I really hope the poor baby has a good weekend and you too. I still don't get any sleep but that is mostly my fault now as LO only wakes 2 times then up at 5am then right back down to till 8am, but my LO was premature and had alot of other health issues that i haven't even spoke about on here, so i am pretty much a nervous wreck. I check on her constantly... This baby stuff is definitely not easy is it?! But when i get that lovely giggle and beautiful smile i know its all worth it. Please messsage me anytime. I would love to chat. Take care and please keep us updated. :hugs:

135.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->