Reflux again?

sweetsammi

1st time mummy and WTT
Reaction score
Sorry girls, me again! Sorry i keep posting the same questions on here but i dont seem to be gettin anywhere and i really am at a lost to who else i can talk to!

I think i said in a previous post we stopped using the sma staydown formula cus Oliver was so constipated from it. Well things are much better with his bowels now since we've gone back to sma gold! :happydance:

BUT... He is still vomiting after each feed, only taking 3oz now every 3hours rather than 6oz every 4hours. He cries through his feeds sometimes and these past couple of days has been screaming as though in pain and nothing i do seems to help! Do u think he's still having reflux? It sounds like it to me. I'd really hoped he'd outgrown this now. :( I thought it may be down to teething but i just dont know, docs dont seem to have a clue anymore either. They wont do any further investigations cus the fact that he's gaining weight and hydrated means he's healthy and thats good enough for them..but there not the ones that have to watch him in pain all day! x

Hiya hun:wave:

Is Oliver on any meds for his reflux? If he isnt I would suggest going back to the stooopid dr and get him some gaviscon or ranitidine.

There is also a milk which is specially formulated for reflux and its called 'enfamil' and can only be prescribed by a dr. It works in a genius way of being as thin as normal milk but the minute it comes into contact with acid in the stomach it thickens the milk therefore keeping the milk down....genius eh?

I fully sympthise with you hun, but be persistent because as you said they are not having their little baby in pain :( poor little mite :hugs:

He was on gaviscon but it didnt work, so then we put him on sma staydown which worked for a good 4 months or more!But it made him so constipated and he started being sicky again so we though whats the point and stopped using it! Thanks for the info about enfamil, never herad of that, will ask the doc. x

oh and did I say it would be free on prescription too :blush:...bonus!

Oh and hun ask him about ranitidine (zantac), much better than gaviscon

hopefully this will finally help :hugs:

keep finger's crossed :hi:

Hi SweetSammi, my lil one had bad reflux as well but the doc prescribed something for her. She takes it eevry 12 hours via a lil dropper and it has made a big difference. Is your doc able to prescribe something for him as oppose to your regular over the counter stuff?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->