reflux or something else??

divadexie

Reaction score
I have been putting it off... because I hoped it was just her cold that was making her a wee bit more sicky.

But no matter how far into the bottle I sit LO up to burp her (she wont drink sitting up) she is sick. It is more often than not, enough to need a new bib.
At the end of the bottle it can take up to half an hour to burp her, and even then when she is on her mat on the floor for half hour playing, she will sick at least twice. Not quite enough to need a new bib though.

It does make it a pain in the butt when I am wanting to go out becaus I have to feed her enough in advance that she isn't going to be more sick, but not so far that she will need fed again on the go because well that will result in even more sick!

I had a few infant gaviscon sachets left and as we were going to MIL's I put one in her bottle because its like bloomin musical baby over there, and the only point she was sick the whole evening was after she had gotten upset.

The problem with the gaviscon was it made her REALLY constipated so she was either sleeping or screaming.
I changed off the nutriprem and put her on SMA staydown and it worked great at first, still the odd wee sicky moment but then I guess all babies are a wee bit sick here and there.

In tesco today I saw comfort milk for babies with colic or constipation so was thinking would it be worth putting her on the gaviscon with that? Or would that not work?

I'm supposed to have the HV on wed but I can't be bothered with her blimmin fortnightly visits also I'm shattered so putting it off a week. Have an appointment with paediatrician early feb so will see what they say then but the doctors at my local surgery aren't that clued up on this.

Hey,

Reading the above, it does sound like it could be reflux (not that i am medically trained ) but sounds just like Harry.

The gaviscon worked really well but again, like Anna, the constipation was a nightmare and with his hernia's we seemed to be fighting a losing battle.

We tried giving him water to help soften things but he wouldnt take a lot and then the HV suggested Lactaluce (cant spell) and it did work, we gave him 1ml in the morning and one at night and it took a few days to get working but after that, we had no problems.

He came off the gaviscon but we have had to put him on a few times for a few days but then he is fine.

He is on nutriprem as well, but apart to go on a higher calorie milk so looks like we could be back in the contipated gang!!!!

The peadiatrician should be able to help or even try to get hold of a peadiactic dietican, ours really helped

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->