Reflux question...

KatBar

~Lucky mumma of 2 boys + girl on the way~
Reaction score
I feel I might be a little paranoid here, but I'm wondering about signs of acid reflux developing and what people's experience was like with their bubs?

My son is 3.5 weeks old, and actually pretty easy going and content - he does have some fussy periods, but no more than my first son did (who didn't have a reflux issue).
The only weird thing I've noticed is that he sometimes coughs when I'm burping him. It'll only be like 2 big coughs, one after the other, and thats it - it's not continous or anything. He might do it like every 3rd or 4th feed (generally when he has a larger feed - his formula fed). Anyway, everything I read said this is a sign of acid reflux.

I'd love to know if others have had this with no acid reflux?

He has no other signs. He doesn't really spit up/spew - don't even need a burp cloth. He settles fairly easily after a feed - no crying etc. He does sometimes grunt/groan for a bit when put down after a feed. He feeds well and shows no sign of discomfort.
The only other thing is that he does get the hiccups a lot, but then I know bubs who have also hiccup lots and not had a reflux problem..

Not had that but my first had reflux, from the day he was born he'd vomit after every feed, often projectile and it smelt really acidic, not like usual baby sick. He'd arch his back a lot and get grizzly/really upset laying on his back, especially after feeds. He went through multiple bibs/burp cloths with every feed and needed his clothes and bedding changed multiple times a day because of the sick up. He didn't cough either. I wouldn't be thinking it's reflux honestly but keep an eye out for other signs and see how he goes. :)

Not had that but my first had reflux, from the day he was born he'd vomit after every feed, often projectile and it smelt really acidic, not like usual baby sick. He'd arch his back a lot and get grizzly laying on his back, especially after feeds. He went through multiple bibs/burp cloths with every feed and needed his clothes and bedding changed multiple times a day because of the sick up. He didn't cough either. I wouldn't be thinking it's reflux honestly but keep an eye out for other signs and see how he goes. :)

Thanks ClairAye. Definitely sounds a lot different to what I am experiencing so far, so hopefully I am just being a little paranoid (bloody google haha).

He sounds like a completely normal baby to me. My second had reflux and was puking up every feed, screaming bloody murder off and on during feeds, would scream any time I laid her horizontal, and would never settle. Dr google is awful! I always end up thinking I have cancer and will surely die within the week ��

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->