Reflux?

Timetotry

Reaction score
Does anyone have any tip or advice for reflux?

I'm only 16 weeks pregnant, I thought this was something that would come later in pregnancy! It started feeling like my throat was tight but now it feels like it's burning especially when I burp (more then I used to!). No heartburn though.

No advice, going through this, too! It's been weeks now. :(

I've had it since very early on but I suffer from it when not pregnant too so not a huge surprise! Around week 9/10 I was waking up choking in the night, my throats was red raw and my stomach felt like someone had scratched it! I went to my doc and they prescribed ranitine (Zantac) and Omeprazole. I found taking the two together actually made my stomach hurt more for some reason (although it took away the reflux), so I just take Ranitidine now. It's not a cure but it gets me through and I get a few hours after each dose of feeling much better!

Otherwise, I suggest double action gaviscon (for heartburn & indigestion) and battle through! Sleeping propped up does help too but I find it hard to sleep like that!

I used to drink bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) mixed into a glass of water. It's not the best tasting but certainly gave relief.

I found relief enough in milk, drank tons of it. I was trying to avoid medication as much as possible though. I luckily managed to continue with the milk right up until I had my son:thumbup: Otherwise maybe ask your GP/midwife for pregnancy safe options?

I had this with my first and even the last 3 years since having her and now with this pregnancy it's continued. I take Prevacid which is safe while pregnant you have to take it daily, I notice if I don't and I miss a dosage the next day is fine but the day after if I miss another one is wicked I will usually wake up in the middle of the night almost feeling like I am choking or throwing up stomach acid and it's not a pleasant feeling at all. Try a acid reducer one that you take daily it won't effect the baby at all.

Eat more small meals/snacks throughout the day. I found the biggest thing for me was certain foods set it off. Any coffee or acidic things. So keep track of what you eat that gives you reflux and stop eating it

That burning is probably your stomach acid coming up as you release air. I've noticed burping a ton seems to be a reflux symptom for me during pregnancy.

Any chewables with just calcium carbonate (ie tums) can help calm your stomach. Staying away from meals that cause you to develop gas can help, as can avoiding eating too close to bedtime/lying down after eating. I've found milk to be comforting as others have said, plus it's at least more nutritious than fruit juice. You could also try the baking soda trick, though I haven't tried this myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->