• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Reflux?

MEPride

Reaction score
Im suspecting my girl has reflux. She doesn't spit up much but I think she swallows it. I had tacos and pizza the other day and think it was a bad move as she seemed uncomfortable at night. Last night she woke up screaming in pain, coughing, and repeatedly swallowing and didn't calm down until I held her upright for about 20 minutes.

A couple questions:
1. Reflux is worse at night, and worse lying on your back. Anything I can do to ease nighttime pain and restlessness?
2. We see the pediatrician Monday for a weigh in so I'll ask then, but anything you can recommend I do to help her in general?

Hopeully the Ped was able to help you out. Having her sleep just barely reclining will help. How old is she?

It looks like you posted this awhile ago, so hopefully it resolved! But if not, thought I'd suggest infant probiotic drops! My 3 week old was having reflux and constipation as well, and I started him on infant probiotics (L. Reuteri) and it has made a world of a difference. He poops super easily now, and isn't spitting up nearly as much (and is also less uncomfortable, which indicates less issues with reflux). We also have him sleeping in his rocker, which has an incline, or in his bassinet with a bit of a forced incline (we have raised one end more than the other).

Thanks folks! She is 3 weeks and 3 days. I started taking a probiotic myself as was suggested by my mw. It has helped tremendously!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->