Reflux

Doodles

Reaction score
My son Rhys has recently been diagnosed with Reflux and I was wondering if anyone else here has experince of it. I'm finding it quite difficult to cope with and would be grateful for any advice.
:cry:

My son also has reflux and it just sucks. Lots of bibs helps. Keeping him upright for a good 30 minutes or more after a feed as well. We also bought the Amby Baby Hammock for him to sleep in, as it keeps him in a more angled position helps as well.

I'd never heard of them before so just had a look on the website and it looks great. The sleeping position is exactly the way Rhys likes to sleep. So far he has had a moses basket, a swinging crib, a travel cot and we have even resorted to putting him in his carry cot to try and get him comfortable, looks like he may be getting to try a hammock now. We are fortunate that he sleeps through the night at the moment but he thrashes around really badly so I'm off to ebay to hunt out a baby hammock bargain. Thank you :hug:

Tegan has reflux. She has had it since we about 4 weeks old, and it is horrible. The best advice I will give you is to feed your baby sat on the floor with a waterproof changing mat between your legs (and your legs in a big V) so when you are winding baby, if the are sick it just goes on the mat and you can wipe it up/tip down toilet/etc etc. Some babies with reflux only bring up small amounts, some bring up a lot - Tegan brings up a whole bottle at a time. Its so much easier than doing endless amounts of washing.

You'll learn to recognise the signs your baby gives when he's going to throw up - normally they stick their tongue out very far and open their mouth wide.

Is he on any medication hun? :hugs:

Charlie has reflux too, some days are worse than others, he has gaviscon but is still quiet sicky im allways cleaning sick , like others have said its best to keep them upright for a bit after feeds and ive raised charlies cot matress slightly with a small blanket at the top end so hes not completly flat it is hard but keep thinking it wont last forever . Charlies been bad with it for the last couple of hours and was fighting his sleep but ive just managed to get him to sleep hes been sick about 20 times :hissy: xxx

hey doodles,

i was going to message you today asking how you are, neither of mine have ahd reflux so i cant offer you any advise sorry chick, i no leedsforever has suffered with her wee one so maybe ask her aswell, aside from his reflux hows everything else going?

h x

My doctor actually said today that Renah has reflux thats why shes always spitting up and making funny noises and thrashing around in her sleep. He just told me to raise her head up in her sleeper so that its elevated

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->