Reheating breast milk

rollachick

Reaction score
Just wondering if its ok if baby doesnt finish all the milk ive warmed for her if i can leave it in the fridge and warm it up again later or if u should thro the left overs away? (Really dont want to waste it)

If she's already had a drink, it's good for one more hour from the start of the feed. No need to refrigerate, just room temperature is fine.

If she hasn't, it's good for 2 hours out of the fridge.

I hate throwing the gold away too, so to avoid it, store it in 2 or 3 ounce increments :)

I was told breast milk was good for 8 hours at room temp, 5 days in fridge and 6 months in freezer? :shrug:

I was told breast milk was good for 8 hours at room temp, 5 days in fridge and 6 months in freezer? :shrug:

Definitely, those are the guidelines for when it's freshly expressed. Once it's been refrigerated and warmed, the 1 or 2 hour guidelines apply guidelines apply :)

The occasional times she gets her bottle I refridgerate and reheat but only once. No harm here.

I know it's awful to have to throw expressed bm away but you shouldn't reheat it x

You're definitely not supposed to reheat. As a PP said, start storing it in smaller quantities. I usually split it up into 3oz per bag.

Meh, she has been fine and when I asked her pead he said occasionally is ok as long as its once and then dumped.

I told my sitter that I would rather she didn't but, since he's not a sickly baby, I wasn't too concerned about it. She tried to give it to him again, and he wouldn't take it! So, kudos to him I suppose.

My mom did that the few times she watched my baby I had no idea my baby is alive and well. I don't give my baby bottles of I'm around her. I will bf

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->