Reintroducing dairy when baby has potential milk allergy

mk8

Reaction score
Hi all

We think my baby has a milk allergy so I cut all dairy from my diet. I'm due to reintroduce it this weekend to test whether it was milk that was causing the prob. I need to do it slowly though and wondered what to start eating first. Any ideas ladies?

Have you been avoiding hidden dairy as well? If so having something with a minor 'hidden' dairy ingredient is a good place to start. Next would be something where the dairy is in larger amounts but has otherwise been cooked or processed, for example cakes or biscuits where milk is one of the ingredients. Then try something with uncooked/unprocessed dairy but as a minor ingredient, then items where dairy is a more major ingredient but not the main one and then straight milk, yoghurt etc. There are probably other opinions as to the order you should try things in but this is what I would do. I would leave at least 3-4 days in between each item tried and preferably 7-10 days, just in case xx

Can i ask what made you think that your lo had a milk allergy?
just wondering because my dd1 has a dairy allergy (Milk & eggs) and ive noticed dd2 has mucus texture poos which i read can mean allergy.
x

I tried some butter when LO was five months and it was a rough four days. So I recommend trying just a tiny amount of something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->