Rejected baby rice!! :o(

Angelica

Proud mummy :)
Reaction score
Tried giving my lo baby rice for the first time just now & she went mad!
Crying, spitting it out- the works! She is 5 and half months now.. dh is now arguing with me saying we left it too late to wean her!!! :o(

it's not to late! Some babies just don't like the rice. Hannah won't touch the stuff. You might try to oatmeal instead....a lot more babies seem to like that (it's true in our case at least)

oh thanks for ur reply vickie!!

so how much more should i try with the baby rice before giving up & trying something else??

im so stressed now & i know i'll get comments from some of the inlaws about 'leaving it late' as they all thought that we should giver her solids from about 3 months.. But i decided against it as she was sleeping well through the night & seemed satisfied with milk!!

Your baby may not even be ready for solids yet! You just never know. I'd give it a few more days with the rice and if she just doesn't like it try the oatmeal. If she doesn't take to that she just may not be ready for solids.

Chloe wont have rice now- try something else. I started by giving Chloe milk off a spoon to get her used to it

You could try adding a tiny bit of applesauce for flavour... or just use oatmeal instead.

ive tried baby rice god knows how many times with amber.
she just does not like it at all!
this is only thing she will not eat, anything else shes doesnt like first time round she would usually keep trying it but not baby rice haha

It's disgusting. I wouldn't eat it either. Try baby porridge instead x

i've tried it and I found it not bad.... maybe yours if different? We also make it with formula... not sure how you prepare it over there.

Noah never ate it either!

I just went straight on to fruit puree with him and he was great!!

Baby rice is gross tho!!!

It's not too late, waiting is the best thing. I would just offer a bit a day and see hwo she does, it's something completely new to her she has to adjust

Chase isn't much into the baby rice or oatmeal. It's hilarious watching him as he tends to not like it at all.

Will try again today.

Give it time. Often it's the strange texture that babies don't like.

thanks girls u have made me feel a little better.
I think she is ready now tho as she is no longer sleeping through the night. She sleeps at 8pm & now wakes up around 12 for a feed..

Will try again for a few more days & if no joy then will try the oatmeal u guys suggested!

Thanks x

not too late at all!!! i started weaning ali 2 weeks ago and he didn't think much of the baby rice either - seems not many babies like it!!! try the oat meal or some pureed fruit! good luck.

My son never ate baby rice , its nasty tasting lol even my rats would not eat it lol

I gave him oatmeal instead

lol!!

well i tried again today & in the morning she had a little bit & in evening we managed to finish the bowl(even tho most of it went on her bib!! lol

she prefers it if i hold the spoon to her mouth & allow her to lick it off rather than me shove it down her... She looks so adorable when she licks it... Ahhhhhh xx

Glad it's going better! It takes them time to learn these new eating habits :D

Don't worry alot of babies hate baby rice! Faith had baby breakfasts instead and loved them! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->