• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rejects right breast?

Savannah11

Love my boys xxx
Reaction score
My LO (perhaps my own fault for preference feeding for comfort) only feeds on my left breast. My left breast is noticeably bigger than the right (probably a good cup size or two) but when I offer my right breast he sucks then gags straight away - or latches and then instantly unlatches. I still have milk in my right breast although obviously not that much as the size is so different. How can I get him to take the right breast? And keep my milk flow in it? Should I pump? Xx

I have the same problem with my left breast although my little one is mostly formula fed so it's not very noticeable. She's not really eating from the right one too much these days either :( but it's impossible to get her to eat with the left now.

I think some babies just do this and there isn't anything that you can really do about it. My LO started rejecting my left breast when she was about 4 months old, now I don't produce any milk at all on the left side but my right side has compensated and I feed her entirely with my right breast. The kicker is now she will happily latch on the left no problem, but she doesn't get any milk! I've tried offering her on the left at the start of every feed in an effort to relactate but I wasn't successful, plus I ended up being up twice as long in the night feeding her so I just gave up out of sheer exhaustion. My left breast is a B cup and my right is a DD!

Try tasting it - I did the same with Sophie and the milk went super salty on the unused side. It was gross!

I have the exact problem but I manag to get her to have a good long feed on it at least once a day and then pump from it for ten minutes longer than the left. I manage to get herd risking from te right by doing the rugby ball hold and I think that kinda tricks her into thinking it's the left one, it's the only way she will drink from the right one.
I have noticed that I pump from the left and get 2 ounces easy after ten-15 minutes but I can pump for 20 minutes InThe right and only get half an ounce of I'm lucky!
I pump and feed from the right at least twice a day so it gives my left boob a break! My nipple on the left has went white but her latch is fine it's been checked so think it's overworked! I started to introduce one formula bottle before bed as well to try give my left boob a break although I will definitely have to stop that because when I woke up for her feed from boobs my bra and everything was soaking wet with leakage and that was with breast pads on ��

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->