• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Relactation As An Early Pregnancy Symptom?

A

amjon

Has anyone had milk suddenly appear (colostrum) after you have dried up as an early pregnancy sign? I stopped nursing at all the end of August as I was barely making any. Within a couple of days there was nothing. This morning I noticed my nipples were covered in a yellow crust that looked like dried milk. I scraped it off and squeezed and had a clear, milky liquid from both nipples. I've also been feeling the little twinges in my lower abdomen I get in early pregnancy, I was a bit nauseous,and I'm getting more emotional, and I've been more tired than I have been since pregnant.. (Plus I just feel like I am pregnant.) I did have my gallbladder removed about a week ago which could explain some things, but not really seeing how it could produce lactation. I did do a pregnancy test that didn't show anything, but it's possible it's still too early. It's vital I know if I am pregnant as I'll have to start injectible blood thinners and watch my BS closely to start insulin if it starts to climb. Has anyone had sudden relacation without being pregnant?

Both this pregnancy and my last I started leaking clear thick to pale white liquid out of both nipples .. and none of my pregnancys have ever made it far enough to breastfeed obviously... so for me this pregnancy it was a sign, I didn't get a positive until 3 days after this happened... hope it's the same for you if that's what you're wanting!! Good luck!!

Both this pregnancy and my last I started leaking clear thick to pale white liquid out of both nipples .. and none of my pregnancys have ever made it far enough to breastfeed obviously... so for me this pregnancy it was a sign, I didn't get a positive until 3 days after this happened... hope it's the same for you if that's what you're wanting!! Good luck!!

Thanks! The doctor ordered a blood hcg, so we should know by Monday either way.

Has anyone had milk suddenly appear (colostrum) after you have dried up as an early pregnancy sign? I stopped nursing at all the end of August as I was barely making any. Within a couple of days there was nothing. This morning I noticed my nipples were covered in a yellow crust that looked like dried milk. I scraped it off and squeezed and had a clear, milky liquid from both nipples. I've also been feeling the little twinges in my lower abdomen I get in early pregnancy, I was a bit nauseous,and I'm getting more emotional, and I've been more tired than I have been since pregnant.. (Plus I just feel like I am pregnant.) I did have my gallbladder removed about a week ago which could explain some things, but not really seeing how it could produce lactation. I did do a pregnancy test that didn't show anything, but it's possible it's still too early. It's vital I know if I am pregnant as I'll have to start injectible blood thinners and watch my BS closely to start insulin if it starts to climb. Has anyone had sudden relacation without being pregnant?
I haven't nursed in 7 years and before we were even able to conceive I was leaking colostrum due to an increase in my lactin level from a medication I was on. Have you taken any new medications in the past few weeks or supplements?

I'd also take an hpt if it's crucial to know.

I haven't nursed in 7 years and before we were even able to conceive I was leaking colostrum due to an increase in my lactin level from a medication I was on. Have you taken any new medications in the past few weeks or supplements?

Just Keflex

I think cephalexin (keflex) only runs a risk of decreasing milk production. I think anti depressants and mood stabilizers typically are know for the increase of lactin levels. If you have medical issues that could be an immediate concern why not try a hpt?

Actually you mention having your gallbladder out. Did you have pain meds after? The anesthesia may cause it but I'm not sure. There are pain mead that can delay your period from beginning especially if your body had been under physical stress such as surgery. Anti prices also effect birth control.

Actually you mention having your gallbladder out. Did you have pain meds after? The anesthesia may cause it but I'm not sure. There are pain mead that can delay your period from beginning especially if your body had been under physical stress such as surgery. Anti prices also effect birth control.

I only took pain meds 2 days and that was Tues/ Wed of last week so doubt it would be that delayed. I've done a test that was negative but AF isn't due until next week so it could still be too early or false negative. Hopefully they'll have the blood test back by Monday.

How many dpo are you? I ask because hcg doesn't even produce till after implantation and it takes 3 days after that for hcg to appear. If bw is negative I'd test again closer to when af is due. Also, it only takes one dose to cause a change in lactin levels but not sure if your pain med does alter lactin levels. The time frame of surgery and medication doesn't matter, it can still affect it that far out. Only time will tell but you are doing all you can to tell early as possible :) you will know soon enough

How many dpo are you? I ask because hcg doesn't even produce till after implantation and it takes 3 days after that for hcg to appear. If bw is negative I'd test again closer to when af is due. Also, it only takes one dose to cause a change in lactin levels but not sure if your pain med does alter lactin levels. The time frame of surgery and medication doesn't matter, it can still affect it that far out. Only time will tell but you are doing all you can to tell early as possible :) you will know soon enough

I haven't really kept careful track as we weren't officially TTC yet, but I would guess somewhere between 8 and 10DPO. I'll test again next week (or hopefully the blood will show something). They gave me Percocet once in the hospital and Oxycodone (which is basically the same) at home. Do you know if those could do it?

Oxy can increase prolactin levels. Most people don't notice if it happens unless they are really leaking, or squeezing them or just familiar with the sensation of the discharge. I wouldn't worry about it either way just continue the testing.

AF showed up so must have been related to my surgery. Now to start TTC and keeping track. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->