Relactation

LittleNikki

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I was hoping you could give me some advice. A long story but my son has just turned 6 months and was exclusively breastfed until 16 weeks when he suddenly refused to breastfeed anymore (this was later discovered to be due to undiagnosed reflux causing discomfort during feeding), I could still get him to feed during the night from me when he was sleepy but a few weeks or so ago he stopped needing a night feed so he stopped breast feeding. So anyway tonight I had him in the bath with me and he tried a couple of times to latch on but gave up when he didn't get any milk and I realised how much I really miss breastfeeding so I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to return to breastfeeding and how likely it is that I can get my suply back up and more importantly get my son to latch onto the breast. I appreciate any advice or experiance others may have.

I don't have any experience but believe relactation is possible. Your baby obviously still knows what to do but I will take time and patience. Lots of skin to skin with lo and you will need to get him to keep latching on to get your milk back. He may get frustrated if nothing comes out but stick with it and your milk should soon come back. Good luck

Think it's going to be slow going getting my supply back up. I tried expressing a few times got about 1 1/2 oz so far all day but I'm hopeful I will start getting more if I keep it up

Speak to your health visitor or gp Hun. I believe there is a medication ( it's one that sounds like a type of champagne, domperinone or something!) you can take which helps bring back milk and also your hospital or health visitor may have a big high grade pump which are much more effective then the normal pumps and can help build up your supply again.

You need to do it now if it's what you are wanting.

Contact a lactation consultant and get advise.

I believe that fenugreek is good for bringing up milk supply which can be brought in health food stores.

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->