Relation to When your Mom/Gma Gave Birth?

MImom2be

Recent Mommy~6-13-13!
Reaction score
So, I was talking with my mother today and she mentioned that I was 4wks premature, and that she (according to her mother) was also about 3-4wks premature. I haven't spoken with my grandmother to see if she would know if SHE was also born prematurely, but I was wondering, is there any correlation?

While yes, I AM ashamed that my mother was a smoker while pregnant (Not my fault, and I certainly don't do that shit!) so I can attribute some of that to my being born prematurely, and I know my grandmother is smoker (not sure if she smoked while pregnant) but I was my mother's only child, but my mother was my grandmother's 2nd child out of 4 and all 4 were born prematurely by at least 2wks.

So I was curious, is it sort of like how your monthly cycle is in relation to your mothers/grandmother's? Or is it completely unrelated? Anyone know?

Thanks!

(Basically this is about me procrastinating about getting stuff ready in case I do go into labor early, so if there's a good chance, it might spur my butt into action!)

Idk if my mom was early or not but my brothers and I were all weeks early and my kids have been late

My great grandmothers kids, grandmothers kids, moms kids, and my daughter were all born early.

Hmmm...granted yes, it could be coincidence, but I'd rather err on the side of caution and just get my stupid hospital bag packed LOL

Just curious, this is our (husband and I's) first viable baby -- what sort of BABY things did you pack in your bags, ladies? I think it'll be easy to pack my bag and hubby's, but I have NO idea what and how much of baby items I should bring to the hospital without bringing TOO much and being cumbersome and more I have to carry out when we leave.

Don't think it's correlated BUT i am sure there are some genetic things that could cause early deliveries, my mom had me on my due date and my brothers were early but my first was a week late

I don't know about the relation. Baby stuff wise though I'm taking small pack of nappies, a few vests and a few sleepsuits. A hat and blanket and an outfit to go home in.

Well if ur in the states u need like nothing tbh they have like everything u need but in the uk sounds like they don't provide anything baby won't go threw many diapers so like 10 of those (if your only going to be there a few hrs) and a cupple onseys/sleepers and a thin blanket and a thicker one also a binky/dumby if your going to use them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->