Relief from Itchy Belly?

butrfly

Mom to Sweet Elijah
Reaction score
Does anyone else feel itchiness on their bellies (due from stretchmarks, i guess)?

What do you do to stop the itchiness?

my mw said coco butter cream or something, im the same as u hun, my belly is sooooo itchy, i hate it, it doesnt seem to go away :(

yeah, i know. my mom said i should put on lotion... and that relieves me for about five minutes. woke up a few times last night just because the itch was unbearable.

I have to leave my belly bare (obviously at home only) and use cocoa butter on it. Even then it still itches sometimes though. But apparently the cocoa butter is supposed to help after with the stretch marks fading faster. Hope you can find some relief soon!

might go and look for cocoa butter after work then. (i leave my tummy bare when i'm at home, too. but still it itches like nothing. argh!)

I like to scrub my tummy in the shower with some cool water and a loofah or rough scrub - gets rid of the itchiness for me.

i'm going to go try this, too!

(i'm sitting here at work, sifting through applications & what-nots, and instead of focusing on applicants' qualifications, i'm itching beyond belief. argh!)

Ahhh you poor thing! Go to the toilets and rub some cool water on your tummy, hopefully it will help a bit.

xo

i'm glad i have thick maternity pants on... hehehehe. that way i can ever so lightly scratch the itch off a bit. :)

I use cocoa butter in the evenings, and I love to massage my belly x

This has been driving me bonkers over the last week or two as my stretch marks have just started to appear! I have been using a mixture of bio oil and e45 cream and bathing it in cool water.

I have also been using Bio Oil(at night as I find it really greasy) and Palmers Coco Butter and as mentioned cool water helps!!

I was using decleor and mama mio oils which were bloody brilliant no itching at all, as it doesn't sink in straight away it but then I used it all up and thought there was no point buying anymore as I would have the baby soon (this was about a month ago) and didn't want to spend £30 on an oil that wouldn't be used for long.

WRONG I wish I had just bought some more as since I stopped using it I have been scratching and itching 24/7 I have been using a really rich body moisturiser and that is about as effective as a chocolate firegaurd so I am kicking myself I didn't just buy the damn oil in the first place.

When I was still at work I bought a hand cream from lush in a little pump bottle which they said would be good to rub into bump, its really nice and i keep it in my handbag now so if im out and get the urge to scratch i can rub it straight in.

thanks for all your input, ladies. will see which ones we have available in this part of the world. (cold water is definitely available, and so is the loofah. have both by the tub. :) will try to look for cocoa butter and the mama mio oil mentioned. or the menthol powder.)

definitely driving me bonkers, too!

i have been using johnsons baby oil gel when i get out of the bath, put it on wet skin its brill, used it with my first aswel x

I find Aloe Vera gel helps, you can buy from Holland & Barrett and it's pretty cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->