relieving swollen hands

Arcanegirl

Bazinga!!
Reaction score
My hands seem to swell up when its hot and ive been out for a few hours. How do i relieve the swelling?

i got this alot in winter when i ahd been mucking the horses out and my hands got hot, they seriously swole up that bad i thought they would pop! all i could do was hold them up near my chest when sat down and wiggle my fingers around and they slowley went down, just look silly doing it lol

Midwife says to rest them above heart level is all you can really do... ice helps a bit too i found. :hugs:

So does that mean if i do a headstand for abit, then my feet will go down also???

I was told to cut out salt from my diet to help reduce swelling, and drink lots of water :D

So does that mean if i do a headstand for abit, then my feet will go down also???

most definately yes... but it only works for feet if you take a picture for us too though!! :rofl:

Hahaha, i could prob do it, but im sure i'd pass out lol

Exercise:
Bending ur wrist, back towards ur arm till it streches ur arm muscles, hold for a second and repeat. Its the exercise we're taught at aquanatal for releaving swelling

Also, keeping ur hands above ur heart.

Oh i also wouldnt want to dis-engage baby by doing a headstand lol

I find putting them under really cold running water is a quick fix :)

xxx

I'm thinking if foot massages works for feet then maybe some moisturiser and a hand massage may work for the hands? some logic in there somewhere! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->