Religous beliefs

Angelica

Proud mummy :)
Reaction score
Hi there

Does anyone here have different religious beliefs to their partners & if so is it causing any issues with the way ur raising ur babies?

I'm a Christian (Protestant) and OH is atheist. Well, he believes in 'something', he's just not sure what! I don't go to church enough myself, but I plan to go more when Niamh is older. Not to try and push her into religion, but I think it's important for her to be aware of different aspects of religion and then make an informed decision on what is right for her. If she attends church and decides it's not for her then fair enough. I think she should be entitled to make her own decisions. My OH has no issues with me taking her to church, and has come along with me on a couple of occassions.

I'm a bit mixed. I was raised Episcopalian (Christian) but my mother is Catholic. Lola's dad is also Catholic and I'm getting a lot of pressure from them to baptize Lola Catholic.
When in fact I am agnostic (similar to atheist) and I don't want to baptize her,at least not until she's older or if she wants to be baptized and makes the decision to be religios.

None of us are religious so there aren't any problems and like you Amy we didn't baptise any of our children as we want that to be their choice if they wish in the future. x

I'm a christian, and DH is atheist. We all go to church every week, and DH comes most weeks. In fact he works at our church, he is the caretaker.

Neither me nor BD are religious, but i will bring LO up with a knowledge of different religions as i think it is important they know, even if they choose not to believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->