Renting an unfurnished house

babycrazy1706

Mummy to Elijah and TTC
Reaction score
Does that mean no washing machine, no fridge and no stove aswell? Or does it depend from house to house?

Depends on the house some come with it all, others just a cooker and some nothing at all.

Yea it does vary from house to house. Most will come with a cooker though. To be honest we've rented houses with white goods included but they were disgusting! They were so dirty we couldn't use them, in the end we bought our own :)

Unfurnished places we've rented always had a cooker minimum. The only reason our last civilian house had a fridge and dishwasher was because they were inbuilt to the kitchen.

I've been in 4 houses, 3 had built in kitchen so everything was included, 1 was a shell and had nothing so I needed fridge freezer, oven & washer.

Our first place together had an oven and 2 wardrobes but nothing else, our second had literally nothing. Both were classed as unfurnished.

In both unfurnished places I've lived in I got washing machine, fridge/freezer and cooker. Ask the landlord if white goods are included. My fridge and cooker have both broken in the 3 years I've been here and my landlord replaced them straight away, I'm very lucky :)

Depends on the house. I've rented an unfurnished house but it came with a cooker, no washing machine or anything else though.

It does vary. Our first had fridge, freezer and oven. The next two just had an oven.

Once we've saved we're going to buy our own oven as the one we have is terrible!!!

House to house, and check too because our old flat said no cooker/white good and it had them all when we moved in.

Ours is classed as unfurnished. Came with cooker and washing machine and curtains. Our washing machine however was so old that in our contract it said when it broke the landlord wouldn't replace so we had to get our own.

Ours was classed as 'white goods only' and was exactly that. Sometimes white goods are classed as 'part furnished'.

If it is completely unfurnished, it's worth asking the landlord if they can provide stuff you need. We looked at one without fridge etc and asked if they could provide it and they said yes, but we ended up taking a different house. x

Our last one was unfurnished but came with a washing machine, no fridge or freezer or oven though. The washing machine then broke so we ended up buying new then. We just moved out and bought our own house but left the oven for the new tenants so theyve got that now. Think it differs from place to place xx

i work in a estate agents, most of landlords like to have it 'unfurnished' every landlord is different like we have one, he says unfurnished, and means unfurnished, however there is a old sofa (tatty) a dining room table (tatty) and horrid curtains. meaning it is up to the tenant whether they keep them or throw them but if they break landlord wont replace.. some properties come with a bare minimum of a cooker, but our main landlord to begin with had nothing, if a tenant wants a cooker, fridge, wardrobes etc. landlord may provide but you have to pay more on the bond.. if the tenant moves out they have to leave it then its there for the next tenant if they need it..
if its FURNISHED this includes (in our business) beds, drawers/wardrobes, sofa, table and chairs & ALL white goods. if only white goods or only furniture are provided this is part furnished.. hope that helped

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->