Reoccurring chemical pregnancy - anyone else?

Addiejoelle

Reaction score
Hello. This year I have had 3 chemical pregnancies and I believe I am curently having a fourth. I got a positive pregnancy test two days ago and now I’m getting negative and very faint barely there positives. My cycle is meant to start Friday. Anyone else have reoccurring chemical pregnancies? Why do they happen? Why would I have so many? I am 36. Thank you in advance for sharing your experiences and your thoughts.

I, too, am 36. I have only had one chemical pregnancy and one miscarriage further on. I'm not sure what would be causing your reoccurring chemicals, but I think you should talk to your doctor. I recently went to the doctor and had a blood draw done to test all of my hormones and egg reserve. It could be worth it to have a discussion with your doctor. Maybe it's an easy fix and you won't have to keep having heartache after heartache. I'm so sorry about your losses! :sad1:

I’ve had 3 in 4 mths but I am 47. I put it down to bad eggs because otherwise I seem healthy fertility wise and have good cycles. Perhaps it just takes longer to catch the golden egg genetically as we age?
Good luck to you.

I turned 37 this June. We started ttc our son in January last year. I had 4 chemical pregnancy’s also and fell with him after exactly a year. I’d seen a gynaecologist partly due to that and partly to do with some irregular cycles. I was told I had something called adenomyosis. I’d never heard of that before. It is a condition where the endometrium (lining of the womb) is found deep in the myometrium (muscle of the uterus). It can affect getting pregnant because the egg struggles to implant. But I did obviously manage to fall pregnant and have a healthy pregnancy in the end. I’m not saying it’s likely you have this, it’s just my personal experience with the chemicals, but I would recommend seeing your doctor and see if they could refer you if this keeps happening. It could be something slightly off that could be easily fixed. Best of luck to you and I hope you get your sticky bfp soon.

First of all I'm so very sorry you ure going through this.

I actually went through 4 chemical pregnancies last year 2020.
We started ttc in Feb 2020 and I had chemicals in April' June' July and October.
After having 3 I spoke to my GP who suggested having some bloods done on cd4 and cd21. It was to test all the Hormone levels b4 and after ovulation.
Anyway I had those bloods done and after waiting 2 weeks for the results everything came back completely normol.
I was 40 and definitely ovulating.
My progesterone and everything was completely normol. So u can imagine my uspett when I fell pregnant again in October and again I got to 4 and a half weeks and lost the pregnancy.

I again spoke to my gp who referred me to a recurrent miscarriage unit.
When my appointment came it was a tellaphone appointment and my age got the blame.
He was very rude and I came away from that phone call very upset.
But he agreed to do some more indepth bloods to check my overion reserve and a bunch of other stuff. He also wanted me to have a scan to also check overion reserve etc.

A lovely lady on here reached out to me after the 4th chemical and recommended taking Galatanised Macca Root and folate.
I was already taking vitamin D and folic acid and also B vitamins so thought I wud give the macca and folate a try.
Got it off Amazon.

Macca is a Root vegetable grown in South America and has many health benefits including fertility and it can help prevent miscarriage.
I just thought why not just give it a try it can't hurt and I was desperate at that point.
I started taking it at very beginning of November.

I had the blood test at the end of Dec to check overion reserve and was told I wud get the results in 3 weeks.

Well I never did get those results because instead I fell pregnant with this baby.
At 10dpo was when I tested and I didn't bother temping that month I was just so fed up with it all and on the brink of giving up.
I was also told to take baby aspirin 75mg if I got even the most faintest line on a HPT.

I cudnt believe it when I got my first faint lines on a number of tests at 10dpo. I thought I Was out because I didn't have symptoms.
So I was totally shocked to see those faint lines.
But also nervous it wud just lead to another chemical.
I started the baby aspirin at 10dpo and took it everyday along with the 2000mg Macca Root and folate and vitamin D.
I had stopped the vitamin b complex because I noticed when I started taking them a few months b4 my Luteal phase went from 14 day to 16 17 days.

Anyway I'm hear to say don't lose hope.
Im now almost 37 weeks pregnant and being induced on Saturday.
I really did think it wud never happen.
But I'm living proof that it can happen.
There is other ladies also that have had recurrent chemicals and gone on to get pregnant with there rainbow.
One of them is a few weeks behind me and she also had 4 chemicals.

I really hope my story helps you.
I don't know why recurring chemicals happen. I was told it was probably just bad luck.
But I'm now wondering if something was out of whack and the combination of the Macca' folate and baby aspirin helped this one to stick.

Sending u big hugs.
I know its so hard what ure going through right now and I don't have the answers as to why.
But I just wanted to share my experience and give u back that hope.

Last edited:
Hi, I am sorry you are going throught this. From what I know, aneuploidies might be the reason, it's recommended to check out ovarian reserve and genetics (karyotyping). Hope this helps Good luck

First of all I'm so very sorry you ure going through this.

I actually went through 4 chemical pregnancies last year 2020.
We started ttc in Feb 2020 and I had chemicals in April' June' July and October.
After having 3 I spoke to my GP who suggested having some bloods done on cd4 and cd21. It was to test all the Hormone levels b4 and after ovulation.
Anyway I had those bloods done and after waiting 2 weeks for the results everything came back completely normol.
I was 40 and definitely ovulating.
My progesterone and everything was completely normol. So u can imagine my uspett when I fell pregnant again in October and again I got to 4 and a half weeks and lost the pregnancy.

I again spoke to my gp who referred me to a recurrent miscarriage unit.
When my appointment came it was a tellaphone appointment and my age got the blame.
He was very rude and I came away from that phone call very upset.
But he agreed to do some more indepth bloods to check my overion reserve and a bunch of other stuff. He also wanted me to have a scan to also check overion reserve etc.

A lovely lady on here reached out to me after the 4th chemical and recommended taking Galatanised Macca Root and folate.
I was already taking vitamin D and folic acid and also B vitamins so thought I wud give the macca and folate a try.
Got it off Amazon.

Macca is a Root vegetable grown in South America and has many health benefits including fertility and it can help prevent miscarriage.
I just thought why not just give it a try it can't hurt and I was desperate at that point.
I started taking it at very beginning of November.

I had the blood test at the end of Dec to check overion reserve and was told I wud get the results in 3 weeks.

Well I never did get those results because instead I fell pregnant with this baby.
At 10dpo was when I tested and I didn't bother temping that month I was just so fed up with it all and on the brink of giving up.
I was also told to take baby aspirin 75mg if I got even the most faintest line on a HPT.

I cudnt believe it when I got my first faint lines on a number of tests at 10dpo. I thought I Was out because I didn't have symptoms.
So I was totally shocked to see those faint lines.
But also nervous it wud just lead to another chemical.
I started the baby aspirin at 10dpo and took it everyday along with the 2000mg Macca Root and folate and vitamin D.
I had stopped the vitamin b complex because I noticed when I started taking them a few months b4 my Luteal phase went from 14 day to 16 17 days.

Anyway I'm hear to say don't lose hope.
Im now almost 37 weeks pregnant and being induced on Saturday.
I really did think it wud never happen.
But I'm living proof that it can happen.
There is other ladies also that have had recurrent chemicals and gone on to get pregnant with there rainbow.
One of them is a few weeks behind me and she also had 4 chemicals.

I really hope my story helps you.
I don't know why recurring chemicals happen. I was told it was probably just bad luck.
But I'm now wondering if something was out of whack and the combination of the Macca' folate and baby aspirin helped this one to stick.

Sending u big hugs.
I know its so hard what ure going through right now and I don't have the answers as to why.
But I just wanted to share my experience and give u back that hope.
I’m so happy to hear you’re pregnant and all is going well. Thank you so much for sharing your story. My bloodwork showed I need to take vitamins D so maybe that is causing all of this. Here’s my test from today. The positive test came back after yesterday’s negative but it’s so faint. I don’t know why it’s back , don’t want to think that’s a good sign when the lines aren’t getting darker.

FE715A2D-2CEE-488D-B27D-E81255BB6B90.jpeg

I, too, am 36. I have only had one chemical pregnancy and one miscarriage further on. I'm not sure what would be causing your reoccurring chemicals, but I think you should talk to your doctor. I recently went to the doctor and had a blood draw done to test all of my hormones and egg reserve. It could be worth it to have a discussion with your doctor. Maybe it's an easy fix and you won't have to keep having heartache after heartache. I'm so sorry about your losses! :sad1:
Thank you for sharing your story. I’m so sorry for your losses. My blood work showed that I need to take vitamin D. Everything else was good thankfully. I think I just need to stop testing before I miss my period. I get so anxious and I want to know what’s going on so I test early.

I’ve had 3 in 4 mths but I am 47. I put it down to bad eggs because otherwise I seem healthy fertility wise and have good cycles. Perhaps it just takes longer to catch the golden egg genetically as we age?
Good luck to you.
Thank you for sharing your sorry. I am sorry for your losses. I agree, it’s just a matter of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->