Repeated episodes of reduced movements. Experiences?

L

LilMiss_91

I'm now 30wks pregnant and my baby keeps having periods of reduced movement. Not just a few hours or a day, but anywhere from 1-3 days. I've been to the hospital for monitoring on 2 occasions in just over a week and they now want to do further investigations. I have a scan booked for the 22nd and an appt to discuss the results/future with a Dr afterwards. I also have to go back for monitoring between now and then to keep an eye on things till the scan.

Has anyone had experience of this? Did it turn out to be anything? I haven't really been given any suggestions as to what could cause it (I guess they don't want to scare me before they've had a proper look and found something/nothing. But that just means my imagination is having a field day and running wild of course with the worst case scenarios. So any personal experiences would much appreciated xx

Gosh I am sorry you are going through this reduced movements make you feel absolutely terrified. I have been through this, my friend has too and we were luckily both ok in the end. However another friend at 28 weeks had reduced movements, hospital said to keep an eye on it but she still wasn't happy. At 30 weeks she had to have an emergency delivery luckily her baby was ok. Please, please listen to your instincts, I would be pushing the hospital to do more sooner, can you chat to your midwife about this? Do not take no for an answer on thisx

I had a lot of episodes with my first born. i was in almost weekly. care was not fantastic at all. in the end i found out a few years down the line it was because i had pre-eclampsia and also because he was either IUGR or had stopped growing completely around 35 weeks (born 5lb 14oz at 40+6). my last baby i had a 3/4 episodes in the two weeks leading upto him being born at 36+5.

Sometimes it can be due to where your placenta is laying or what position baby is in. Fx its nothing serious hun and can just be monitored xx

I had this with my second and it was because my placenta had moved to where her feet were so it was cushioning all of her kicks, I had an emergency ultaround at, I think 33 weeks and you could see her giving good kicks but I couldn't feel anything but extremely faint tickles that I had to really focus on to feel. Hopefully it's nothing serious! :flower:

My first had reduced movement, ended up on monitor every other day in last few weeks. When she was born she slept, like slept! 20 hours in 24 we had to set alarms to feed her. Physically she's now almost 7 and fine, still sleeps above average to her peer group.

I had reduced movements towards the end with my second. Was in every other day for monitoring. Had a scan etc. Was induced at 40+3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->