Research shows Autism NOT linked to MMR vaccine.

O

Ozzieshunni

https://www.medpagetoday.com/InfectiousDisease/Vaccines/28200

Thoughts?

I though we already knew that and the research that said it was linked had been dis-creditied?

Glad though, people do die from measles so its for the best if take up rates increase.

I've always believed this to be the case anyway - due to the fact the original report by Andrew Wakefield was "fatally flawed" and led to him being struck off etc.

Thanks for the link though - interesting read.

This has been known ever since the original guy who made the connection report was struck up for faking most of it.

a hell of alot more children die from the things the vaccines are for, autism isnt fatal.
I know which risk id rather take (obviously god forbid niether happens)

Yeah this has been known for some time I thought?

from what ive read on the narutral parenting forum (i dont visit very often, unless there is something interesting going on) some people beleive the child's immune system isnt old enough to cope with the vaccine, so its less a case of not vaccinating but more a case of delaying it. if that makes sense. I still vaccinated my son around the right time (was a month late just due to when we got called for it).

I have never believed there was a link, I am more inclined too believe that some people have a predisposition too the condition and at some point in their lives they might come in contact with something that 'tiggers' it into showing itself (does that make sense?), that might or might not be the MMR in some cases but it could just as easily be any other factors

from what ive read on the narutral parenting forum (i dont visit very often, unless there is something interesting going on) some people beleive the child's immune system isnt old enough to cope with the vaccine, so its less a case of not vaccinating but more a case of delaying it. if that makes sense. I still vaccinated my son around the right time (was a month late just due to when we got called for it).

I can't remember the exact details but I think it has been suggested that 1 part of the MMR (measles possible) if given at 12 months will take in something like 95% of children but if delayed till 15 months will take in 97% of cases, not a huge difference but that is 2 in every 100 children extra that would receive full cover from it

I can't remember the exact details but I think it has been suggested that 1 part of the MMR (measles possible) if given at 12 months will take in something like 95% of children but if delayed till 15 months will take in 97% of cases, not a huge difference but that is 2 in every 100 children extra that would receive full cover from it

Thanks, i had no clue of the details, but that makes sense. :flower:

The original scientist mostly credited with the MMR causes Autism theory has since lost his license. Not only was he making extremely generous sampling assumptions (and outright lies in a lot of cases), he was also in cahoots with a medical malpractice lawyer; Huuuuuge conflict of interest there.

I am still debating on delaying the MMR for Alex; my pediatrician said there wasn't a huge difference.

its research and all research is subjective, there will always be something that proves either view on the MMR vaccine, like all things we just have to weigh up the evidence with the potential risks :flower:

I vaccinate. I do not like to though, and these last vaccines really bothered me. (12 months) I held off until 20 months and felt physically sick at the things that were going to be injected into my daughter's body... so unnatural and just not right to me. I believe they can help (of course) but I do believe there is a lot we do not know about yet...

People will always believe what they want to hear ;)

I dont think people will be saying the same in 10yrs time.I dont argue much anymore about it. Time will tell.

Already knew this. Autism often makes itself present in children aged 1.5-3 (from what I was told by my child development teacher way back when) which coincides with the general age for the MMR to be given which is why a lot of people believed the two to be linked.

I used to believe that MMR had triggered an autistic "gene" in every baby, but that only some children's immune systems were unable to handle the MMR vaccine itself ... just my previous belief though. Since doing my own research, I no longer believe that the MMR vaccine has anything to do with autism. I do, however, believe that there are a lot more to vaccines in general that we do not know.

I vaccinate. I do not like to though, and these last vaccines really bothered me. (12 months) I held off until 20 months and felt physically sick at the things that were going to be injected into my daughter's body... so unnatural and just not right to me. I believe they can help (of course) but I do believe there is a lot we do not know about yet...

I completely agree. I didn't want to vaccinate but I don't believe herd immunity is strong enough any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->