• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

research shows....

proudparent88

Reaction score
So my oldest son has adhd. Now research is saying that women who use acetametaphine during pregnancy has a higher risk of the child having adhd. Also another study is showing that a woman who gets pregnant to a man over age 45 also has a higher risk of a baby having adhd. Now another interesting area they are researching is pre eclampsia. They are finding that it actually comes from the dads side. My oldest has a different father i didnt have pre eclampsia with my second i got it after i had it. This time it also has been a concern both my youngest and the new lo on the way have the same dad where my oldest has a different dad. Talk about hoe much research can scare you this really has me wandering!

Vaccinating also increases a child's risk for getting ADHD.

"The CDC estimates that ADHD in US children has climbed from 7.8% in 2003 to 9.5% in 2007. This is a 21.8% increase in just 4 years. Genes do not change that quickly.

The epidemic rise in four childhood disorders today – autism, allergies, asthma, ADHD – would point to similar roots of causation. In fact, they are co-morbid disorders. For example, most children with ADHD or autism also have allergies. The question becomes then, what are those common causes? Bock points to four catastrophic changes in the lives of children: toxins have proliferated, nutrition has deteriorated, the ability to detoxify has dwindled, and vaccinations have increased...

Documents obtained through the Freedom of Information Act show that Phase 1 of the CDC Thimerosal VSD Study found that there was increased risk of developing ADHD with cumulative exposure to thimerosal containing vaccines. Further, the lead author of the Thimerosal VSD Study indicated that the correlation in the Phase 1 results between increased neurological disorders and the vaccines could be found for aluminum in the vaccines as well as for mercury in the vaccines."

You just never know these days whether things are highly coincidental or if it's actually true.. as parents, we just need to do the best we can do with the information we have at hand.

The info from the study I posted is a bit outdated, but now 1 in 10 kids are diagnosed with ADHD, autism, allergies, etc. :nope:

Not saying it has to do with vaccines, but a mixture of a lot of things contribute to this.. but that's another debate :winkwink:

The acetametaphine study I believe states you would have to use it weekly from 20 weeks or something like that. None the less, its research and research is proven wrong daily every day, its also proven right. Take it with a grain of salt, I know its easier said than done.

Hmmm the midwife told me that the males sperm plays a part in whether the female develops pregnancy induced hypertension or preeclampsia when I booked in, she said that as I had the same partner and developed it last time I was more at risk this time, and 4 weeks ago found out I'd developed pregnancy induced hypertension yet again!

As someone said, think you do need to take research with a grain of salt, so much conflicting evidence and advice! X

I worry cause my oldest has adhd and it is very difficult and i try not to take tylonol unless i have to but since i am off of my normal pain meds my pain is ten times worse. I was on oxycodone 15mg 5x a day and another med along with it but i stopped taking it as soon as i found out i was pregnant cause i know what it can do to my lo. As for pre eclampsia since i got it last time i know my chances are higher of getting it this time and considering they just did some extra precautionary testing for it i do fear a littke more luckily though so far the tests have all been normal. Noy surprising as i developed the pre eclampsia after ds2 was born.

Hmmm the midwife told me that the males sperm plays a part in whether the female develops pregnancy induced hypertension or preeclampsia when I booked in, she said that as I had the same partner and developed it last time I was more at risk this time, and 4 weeks ago found out I'd developed pregnancy induced hypertension yet again!

As someone said, think you do need to take research with a grain of salt, so much conflicting evidence and advice! X

Interesting. I had hypertension with my first and had to have an emcs after a failed induction and bp remaining too high. I am keen to have a vbac this time and so far bp has been great so if this keeps up, consultant will allow me to try for vbac. My midwife told me bcos my DH is father to this child too, that it lowers the risk of hpertension/pre e with subsequent pregnancies as my body won't react as badly to his DNA being in my body the way it did at the end of my first pregnancy. Strange how information can b different x

From my understanding, the information gathered for that study was very questionable to start with and didn't consider a lot if outside factors.

I'm with the "grain of salt" crowd :flower:

There are always studies coming out trying to find reasons and causes for ADD. I'm skeptical

While I don't think you should take alot of tylenol, a fever from what I understand is also really bad for the baby, so you hafta see which risk is better. I mean I try to get rid of a headache before going to tylenol(usually because it rarely works) but if I find I'm in alot of pain I will try it :thumbup:

Vaccinating also increases a child's risk for getting ADHD.

"The CDC estimates that ADHD in US children has climbed from 7.8% in 2003 to 9.5% in 2007. This is a 21.8% increase in just 4 years. Genes do not change that quickly.

The epidemic rise in four childhood disorders today – autism, allergies, asthma, ADHD – would point to similar roots of causation. In fact, they are co-morbid disorders. For example, most children with ADHD or autism also have allergies. The question becomes then, what are those common causes? Bock points to four catastrophic changes in the lives of children: toxins have proliferated, nutrition has deteriorated, the ability to detoxify has dwindled, and vaccinations have increased...

Documents obtained through the Freedom of Information Act show that Phase 1 of the CDC Thimerosal VSD Study found that there was increased risk of developing ADHD with cumulative exposure to thimerosal containing vaccines. Further, the lead author of the Thimerosal VSD Study indicated that the correlation in the Phase 1 results between increased neurological disorders and the vaccines could be found for aluminum in the vaccines as well as for mercury in the vaccines."

You just never know these days whether things are highly coincidental or if it's actually true.. as parents, we just need to do the best we can do with the information we have at hand.

The info from the study I posted is a bit outdated, but now 1 in 10 kids are diagnosed with ADHD, autism, allergies, etc. :nope:

Not saying it has to do with vaccines, but a mixture of a lot of things contribute to this.. but that's another debate :winkwink:

You neglected to mention that thimerosal isn't found in any modern pediatric vaccines except for very small amounts in certain multi-dose flu shots that have been shown to be safe. I know that quote is pulled directly from an anti-vaccination website though, so I guess it's not too surprising that they didn't mention that part.

Also, there have been more recent studies done on children who were vaccinated in the 90s when thimerosal was a common vaccine ingredient, and they found no significant association between thimerosal exposure and neuropsychological functioning. But again, that's probably not something that website wants to discuss since its entire purpose is to malign vaccines, not to actually provide current and comprehensive research on the topic.

I think that the rise in cases can be largely attributed to our better ability to recognise and diagnose such disorders as ADHD. Back in the day, a hyperactive child who didn't focus very well would.be sat in the corner of the classroom facing the wall until he could "learn to behave" because the behaviour was just put down to naughtiness. Now more kids are being diagnosed, whereas there are probably many people living with ADHD from childhood who never got the help and diagnosis they needed, it doesn't mean the problem wasn't there, we just didn't know how to recognise it. My partner's Aspergers wasn't diagnosed until he was an adult, so that means he would have slipped through the statistics.

Remember that a link doesn't necessarily imply causation. Here's a good question:

Does the mother's acetaminophen intake cause ADHD in her fetus?

OR

Does growing a fetus with ADHD somehow trigger headaches or muscle pains in the pregnant woman, spurring her to reach for an over-the-counter pain medicine that has been touted as being safe during pregnancy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->