Resis negative

RedRose19

Expecting baby 4!
Reaction score
So im o- blood type, my mom is the same, she told ke after my brother she got a shot to make sure her body wouldn't attack baby two, well when id my son they tested his blood andnhe was also o - and told me they didnt need to give me the shot because baby and i had same blood type.. i just confirmed today i am pregnant, im so worried about complications it took me 3.5 years to get pregnant again, should i demamd the shot? Or anyone else know if its ok not to get it done if baby was same blood type? :shrug:

I'm A-. The reason you need the shot is due to antibodies you develop against a rhesus positive baby. If the baby is negative too you don't need it. I seem to recall with my son that they gave me the shot halfway through the pregnancy just in case as they didn't know his bloodtype then.

Hi I'm A- think u do have anti D half way through pregnancy and I know you must have it whenever your bump gets knocked. 1st pregnancy I fell down few stairs on my bum lol but had anti D just in case and 2nd pregnancy I had to have it because my 1st kicked me in the tum. You will get another shot when baby is born only if they have+ blood. My two have same as me so never needed that not like 1 more needle made a difference haha X

If your baby has a negative blood type, you do not need the shot.

I am negative too.

Had shot with son at 28 weeks and they tested him when born and he wasn't my blood type so had to have another shot then

I am also rhesus negative (can't remember if am A or O). I had shots at 28 weeks and after my DD was born. I am not sure if she is negative or positive - maybe I should find out lol. Also not sure what her dad is :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->