Resolutions that you stuck with in 2011

dizzydoll

Mammy to Caoimhe!
Reaction score
With all the 2012 resolutions threads popping up I've seen a few people mention things they didn't manage to stick to, myself included :haha:
So me being me I wanted some positivity about THIS year :)

I got a car again and passed my driving test.
I started TTC.

(a short list I know but the only other thing that was on it was to lose weight and that's back on my 2012 list :haha:)

So, what did you want to achieve or do in 2011 that you've managed to do?

Erm I'm guessing nothing since I can't remember haha! That's quite shocking actually.

I think for 2012 I want it to be the year we are finally 100% happy with our finances, although it will take a LOT of work!

Haha :) ah maybe you didn't make any so :haha:
Ah hopefully 2012 is a god year for you hun!

I wanted to give up smoking.. And I did :smug:

For 6 months.

God I'm crap :dohh:

I just wanted to do something for myself in 2011, and in Jan I started dancing and I still am :)

My resolution was to not make any resolutions and I stuck with that extremely well :haha:

My resolution was to not make any resolutions and I stuck with that extremely well :haha:
Haha very good :)

I just wanted to do something for myself in 2011, and in Jan I started dancing and I still am :)
Cool, great idea to start something rather than give up :)

For 6 months.

6 months is still great, think how much good that did you! Are you gonna do it again this year?

One of mine (and the only one I did) was to quit smoking. It took me until November but I got there.

Mine was to get fit and run a 5/10k run... :blush:. I didn't well to be fair Peanut got in the way. I fell pregnant in March so was training for a month before realising I was pregnant. So had to stop. Was adviced by my midwife due to M/C in Nov '10 due to running and working my body to much without realising I was pregnant. This year is the same aim. Defiantly running a 10k run though. ;)

I managed to lose all my baby weight after having Tristan in March and then some more and dropped a dress size.

xXx

One of mine (and the only one I did) was to quit smoking. It took me until November but I got there.
Well done hun :happydance:

Mine was to get fit and run a 5/10k run... :blush:. I didn't well to be fair Peanut got in the way. I fell pregnant in March so was training for a month before realising I was pregnant. So had to stop. Was adviced by my midwife due to M/C in Nov '10 due to running and working my body to much without realising I was pregnant. This year is the same aim. Defiantly running a 10k run though. ;)
I had that plan too but my lazy arse was all that got in the way :haha: Will be trying for it again this year :)

I managed to loose 36lbs and go down several dress sizes :D
Well done hun! :)

I managed to lose all my baby weight after having Tristan in March and then some more and dropped a dress size.

xXx

Brilliant :flow:

Wow, 36lb that's amazing.

Mine to to be at least pregnant by next New Year, though next week would be nice!

Good luck everyone.

Haha very good :)

Cool, great idea to start something rather than give up :)

For 6 months.

6 months is still great, think how much good that did you! Are you gonna do it again this year?

I really hope so!! I've got a major phlegm cold at the moment (sorry TMI) and I haven't been smoking that much with it so I'm thinking maybe do what I did last time. Cut down and then stop.

Cold turkey attempts turn me in to the hulk :wacko:

After spending NYE 2010 sat downstairs drinking on my own whilst my OH was upstairs watching TV in bed, I made my resolution to make some friends so that NYE 2011, I could spend it with friends having a laugh.

I did stick to that resolution, I made some lovely new friends, but due to being ill, I couldn't go to my friends house to celebrate, but at least I know I did what I set out to do.

My other one was to pass my driving test, which I've not done yet, but given that my 5th attempt is on the 9th, it's still technically 2011 for me so hopefully if I do pass, I can say it counts. :)

The only one I managed to achieve was bettering my marriage. We had fought so bad when we first got married and were nearing divorce.

I failed to conceive in 2010 and 2011..Also was going to go back to uni and move in with my parents, but that changed when we found out he wasn't deploying. BUT, this year I can go back to uni because the area we're moving to in Feb does have school opportunities. Really hoping that I can finally achieve being a mother this year too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->