Responsibility Chart starts today

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
If, at the end of the week, they do well, they get $7. At the end of the month, they can buy a toy or something they want, or save it.

Hopefully, this will motivate Jayden especially. He's been a little devil this summer and I am not happy with his attitude, dirty looks, etc. LOL

It will take him a day or 2 until he understands what it's all about.

Amanda is so motivated. Jayden is but isn't. LOL

I'm afraid Jayden quite failed today.

They can be so good if children are willing, hehe! My youngest had the same problem, they have a similar thing at schools (kindergarten) here where they get stickers for things they did. He couldn't see the point to that either. He didn't mind making puzzles and doing other stuff but thought the whole sticker chart was useless!

Good luck anyways. He might see the point when your daughter gets something and he doesn't...

Well, my youngest but Rayan obviously. He doesn't see the point in anything yet, but eating and playing, haha!

Didn't help that his friend was here til after 9:30 pm and trying to get him to do some tasks was useless.

Anyhow, yesterday was a learning curve in what I should and shouldn't do ;)

A new day!

we did this when our daughter was younger (14 now -- I am expecting a baby boy in Feb). it evolved from the small chores, and buying little toys, to what we have now: she cleans the bathrooms, does the cats' litter box and folds all laundry. it is like having a housekeeper -- and then she doesn't ask for special extras. I pay her well, but she is also gaining the experience of responsibility. :) I think we started her on small responsibilities when she was about 7 yrs. nothing too tedious or frequent -- but small stuff. from there it grew, when she was ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->