Restart breast feeding at 4mo???

StellaBella24

Reaction score
The thought of breast feeding has always made me feel funny so when pregnant i decided i would express and give via bottle so that baby would still get breast milk without me having to breast feed.

I did this for 1 month and my supply dried up, probably coz i wasnt pumping regularly enough.
I began to bitterly regret not properly breast feeding but figured it was too late.

I have recently found out it is possible to restart my milk supply. Is this a good idea???

LO is almost 4mnths old (although she was 6 weeks prem). Is this the right step for her at this stage when i will be looking to wean her onto solids in next few months???
Am i just trying to satisfy my own guilt?

Advice or experience or opinions please????

see reply in baby club!
https://kellymom.com/bf/got-milk/relactation/

It is absolutely possible, I did it! He doesn't feed from me but I pump exclusively and I restarted 6 weeks pp. the link above is excellent and is what I followed. Even adoptive mums can breastfeed so you can definitely do it!

Do you guys think its a good idea though?
Like i said...i know that breast milk is absolutely the best milk but is it a good step for lo being almost 4mnths already??

baby will still gain nutritionally from it, after all food is fun before 1 and their main nutrition is milk, and you can both gain emotionally from the intimate experience that is bfing.
Give it a try and you'll wonder why it ever made you feel funny, it is a very basic act of nourishing your child and is very fulfilling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->