Results from Doctors

Mummy of Ange

Reaction score
After the two lots of blood i have had everything has come back fine, but the idiots never tested me for pregnancy!!

Anyway, he has told me that i have got to forgot about becoming pregnant and stop checking the calendar etc and it will happen. Told him how am i meant to get pregnant when my period is 2 months late.

I lost my twins on Christmas day and had one period since (12th March), nothing since. He told me stress is stopping my period coming but i beg to differ. I dont feel stressed at all, i have felt worse in my life and never missed a period.

So me and OH have decided lots of sex and no more OPK, so fingers crossed x

What an idiot! Having sex at the right time is the only way to get pregnant.

Has he sent you to have progesterone testing (sometimes called day 21 tests cos that's the day that it's usually done if you have 28 day cycles)? Although maybe your body is still recovering from your losses since you were so far along.

OPK's aren't always reliable, especially if you have PCOS. Have you considered charting your cycles? That's really helped me to know what's going on with my body, because my cycles can be all over the place and also to know when to have baby making sex, so that we can leave the rest of the month for fun sex :). I also take agnus castus to help sort out my messed up hormones and I believe its thanks to them that I managed to even get pregnant by myself in the first place.

Thanks for your response. On my last period (12th March) i started doing OPK's and got a positive on CD16 with a Clearblue Digital (the smiley face) but had no period since. I told him this, he said i obviously didnt ovulate.

From the bloods he said my thyroid was fine, hormone levels were fine and something else was fine. He said there is one more thing he could test me for (I forgot what it was called) but he thinks it will be negative because a side effect to it is leaking breasts. He has given me a blood bag to get it done but said its not urgent.

Im not thinking about it anymore because it will make me ill. I got pregnant perfectly natural with the twins after 3 months of trying so im sure it will happen again xx

The leaking breasts thing will probably be elevated prolactin levels. OPK's aren't always accurate. I can only speak from my own experience but I know women with PCOS get false positives.

Once your cycles settle down, you'll probably ovulate 14 days before each period, so if you BD in the 5 days before then and a day or two after then you should be pretty well covered.

I think that since you got pregnant so easily before, there's probably not something wrong, it's just your body taking it's time to get back to normal.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->