Retained placenta still after d&c

scottie_1

Reaction score
I am so annoyed I had my little boy 15 weeks ago after a 2 hour labour the placenta was stuck and had to be manually removed, I lost 2 litres of blood and had to have a transfusion. 2 weeks later I hemoraged whilst out at a restaurant and had to have a d&c to remove some retained placenta. I was still bleeding at 6 week check and they said this was normal But at 10 weeks i went to the doctors for the implant and I mentioned I was still bleeding and they arranged an urgent scan which took 5 weeks to get and they found something that has calcified, I now have to wait until tomorrow to speak to gp and be referred back to the hospital, I really don't want to go through a d&c again, it was just horrendous and I hate leaving my little ones!

Sorry for the rant, has anyone else experienced this and how did it turnout in the end?

Thanks

I see this is an old post but I'm curious to know how everything went for you. My dd is almost 1 and after some mid cycle spotting a scan has revealed i have a small piece of calcified placenta. Curious to now if you have gone on to have more children?? Any long term issues you had with yours??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->