Returning to work

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by oliviarose, May 31, 2011.

1. oliviarose

oliviarose Well-Known Member

I have finally decided when I am returning to work :(

I had been putting it off for so long, but I finally got round to sorting it out today.

I got in touch with job centre about my MA and know when I am being paid until.

Well my wonderful OH has kindly agreed to let me go back in sept. So we do not have to worry about childcare for Liv over the school holidays.

It is gonna be a struggle, so any tips on how to survive on little money will be very welcome, lol.

Pointless thread and I am rambling, just can't believe it's official I have to go back :( it's gone way too quick.

2. Kimmy25

Kimmy25 Well-Known Member

no real advice but I feel your pain im back tomorrow to avoid the scrimping and saving bit :flower: xx

3. littleD

littleD Well-Known Member

No advice yet but im back in august and dreading it, it feels like a part of my life is over

4. elephant29

elephant29 Daddy, mummy, LO and bean

:hugs:

You know what heartache I went through going back so make the most of those extra few months hun!

I'm not sure about how to cope money wise as thankfully thats one of the things we at least have sorted with me back. We did struggle towards the end though but I just made sure I met up with friends often, had people over to mine etc. Things that didnt cost money but kept me occupied.

Good luck lovely.

xxx

5. oliviarose

Good luck, I hope your first day back goes okay xxx

6. oliviarose

Thank you. I feel exactly the same. This little bubble I have been living in is nearly over. I don't know how I will do it. Xxx

7. Mrs Doddy

Mrs Doddy 1 pink 1 blue

I'm going back in October, as for surviving well I'm trying to stay away from the shops, do free things with lo, use tescos clubcard vouchers for anything you need, batch cook

Good luck x

8. oliviarose

Thank you :) I am gonna appreciate these last few months so much. I have been luck enough to have this time off with him. Xxx

9. oliviarose

Thank you :) lol I have given up with the shopping thing now, I an so used to just looking and knowing I can't buy.

I am trying with the batch cooking and making stuff from scratch and I am very slowly getting better at it. Xxx