Reusable nappies for newborn!!

wannabemamma

Reaction score
Hi all,

This will have been done a million times, but I am trying to budget for our first LO due in the summer. We'd really like to use cloth nappies, but I'm getting a little lost with the variety here in the UK.

What brands would your recommend from a week or two old in your experience?

Price is a factor, but other than that the main ones are drying time and absorbency/lack of leaks.

Any advice would be really appreciated!

Many thanks. x

we've gone with tots bots 'flexi tots' for our (not yet born) newborn. I will let you know how we get on.

The reasons we chose that nappy was because its sized and the sizes are adjustable so hopefully we will get a good fit in comparison to the birth to potty nappy. birth to potty nappies tend to work out cheaper overall but we felt the fit was more important to us as I dont want hubby being put off too much by regualr leaks

There are 2 sizes, size one and two and they both have poppers so you can make them smaller for a newborn and bigger for when they get a bit more chunky so its almost like there are 4 sizes over 2 nappies.

we also liked the fact that the inner has a tongue you can pull out which makes drying time quicker (i pre washed them yesterday and then dried infront of the radiator over night which i was pleased with) and the tongue is bamboo on the outside and microfiber on the inside. Bamboo is natural, very absorabnt but takes longer to dry and micro fiber is man made, fast drying but not as thirsty - basically baby with have natural next to his bottom but because the second layer is microfiber it will take less time to dry than a wholey bamboo nappy.

We havent had a chance to try them yet and no one on here uses them so i cant give you any practical experience sorry - i do know 2 mummys who have used them and liked them xx

so far I would reccomend Swaddlebees sized pocket nappy as being the very best allrounder for pee and poop for newborn, this suprised me as they werent the top rated ones but have so far outperformed ittis, BG AIO, fuzzi bunz and tots bots bamboozles on the poop containment and his swaddlebees last night went on him and survived two pees and a BF poop in quick succession without even a tiny leak.
The Fuzzi Bunz also have been pretty good, leaked poop a little but it didnt get on his clothes and that could have been my fault in putting the liner in a bit squint.
Ittis are great and a FAB fit but I would go with AIO rather than SIO if you are having a boy because of how the boosters sit in the SIO...they still work beautifully but its just something Ive noted when using one type after another.

I havent been impressed enough with any of the other small sized nappies Ive used so far to mention them...still have a couple of different makes to try out and I am also going to start looking to see if any of the birth to potty nappies will go anywhere near him!

Hi Anothersquish - congrats again on the birth of your baby and thank you for the lovely birth story :o)

Sorry to hijack the post but whats a SIO?

SIO is snap in one, Itti Bittis come in different styles and snap in one has a minki outer with two 'popper in' inserts. The AIO (all in one) has it all intergrated. This means the AIO does take longer to dry but personally Ive found it to be better than the SIO for my little boy.

He is wearing one of his Dream Dri Pop-Ins for the first time right now so shall report back on how that does too (I will do proper reviews for all these in another week or so, I just want to give them all a good trial first) It fits him nicely, especially round the legs so im hopeful !

When DD was tiny my favs for going out were xs fuzzis for slimness and bumgenius onesize, these fitted her well from birth, never leaked and still last the night on her now, so very reliable.

Obviously if price is a big factor xs fuzzis would be more of a luxury, but 40cm bamboo terries are cheap, dry quickly, fit beautifully from birth, slim fitting and reliable, I loved these on DD, didn't mind folding them and are still useful now for stuffing pockets.

I've bought lost of different bits to try on bump, most preloved so fairly cheap, I've heard good things about motherease sandies and diddy diapers so have a few of each of these to try.

If I had to reccomend just 2 nappies for newborns that are economical, and quick dryin, but also reliable and fairly slim i'd say bumgenius onesize pockets and 40cm bamboo terries

Where do you get the smaller bamboo terrys from please??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->